The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Booked in for ICE

johnny g

Just booked the Supra in today ... 24th April, goes in for:

Alpine CDA-9887R (iPod and Bluetooth enabled)

Planet Audio 6.5" Front Speakers

Planet Audio 6"x9" Rear Speakers

Planet Audio 4x300W "Big Bang" Digital Amp

Clifford Concept 650 Alarm with anti-hijack, autostart and full closure.

Car's also getting sound deadening in the doors and rear speakers.

Won't have the bass thump that my MR2 has, but will certainly be a shitesight better than it is now - and won't sacrifice any of the boot with a sub install...

As you can tell, I'm into my Planet Audio stuff ... it's all their stuff in the MR2.

Should sound pretty decent, I hope - the headunit has the ability to sound-stage. Quite impressed in their demo vehicle with the Sub switched off. Was quite bass-y to say there was no sub. Quality was top notch.

Install is getting done by K&M Acoustics in Wigan. This will be the 3rd car they've done for me.

Guest CoolsBlue
i prefer engine noise

:notworthy(my case its the exhaust:D)

also like abit of loud music sometimes, but no point in northampton becusase theres always coppers using sirens in these areas so have to keep a ear out or id have got some ice....lucky!!!

ditch the 6x9, only wasting money there and degrading sound quality all your dooing is adding more volume and rear fill, would sound allot better and you would have plenty volume and power on the front comps, then get you rear fill and bass by putting a 10" sub in the back.

i havent heard planet audio either!:blink:

i run focal components on the front and rear positions (stock)

with the aded benifit of a alpine type r 12 " sub in the boot

2 x jbl 600w amps take care of the power and a sony burr brown headunit delivers the signals and its i-pod ready and bluetooth compatable autoline gold cable runs all signals

i do however want to get the dinamat fitted as i have heard good things about it

oh, and the rear bumper needs seeing to as the rattle from it when the sub is on is terriable it sounds like it's going to fall off!!!!!:rolleyes:

2 x jbl 600w amps take care of the power and a sony burr brown headunit delivers the signals and its i-pod ready and bluetooth compatable autoline gold cable runs all signals

i do however want to get the dinamat fitted as i have heard good things about it

oh, and the rear bumper needs seeing to as the rattle from it when the sub is on is terriable it sounds like it's going to fall off!!!!!:rolleyes:

Today I have applied some dynamat to the bottom part of my back bumper, that's where a lot of vibration was coming from on mine! You can do this without taking the bumper off.

It has definitely improved the rattling no end! So worth doing if you've got problems.

All I need to work out now is how to stop my spoiler vibrating!

ditch the 6x9, only wasting money there and degrading sound quality all your dooing is adding more volume and rear fill, would sound allot better and you would have plenty volume and power on the front comps, then get you rear fill and bass by putting a 10" sub in the back.

I agree, if you rely on 6x9's for ultimate volume - but I'm not, they're there to add a little of balance. At the end of the day, K&M have won more awards for ICE installs than I can care to count and have kitted out my cars before and have always sounded superb with no distortion. So I'll leave it to them :)

I'm going around Europe this summer in the car, so I don't want to lose the boot with a sub when I need 3 weeks worth of clothes in it :)

Maybe in the future.