The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Skakespeare raceway today.

lockys96

Turnt up at 0930, didnt get my first run until 1200hrs due to rain.

the track wasnt that good, due to the rain kept falling.

met vvteye and raystheroof, nice to meet you, despite the cold, it was a laugh, hope you got home ok.

as a complete novice, im taking my time with this, and tried different types of launches, but still couldnt get a good 60 foot time!

most of the launches either ended in bogging the car down, or snaking 20metres down the strip.

however at 1.4bar with still hitting the map limit in places:

60 2.286

330 5.697

660 8.40969

1/4 12.54280

mph 121.18

i have looked at other mr2's, and seems some talk of 1.6-1.8 60 foot times and terminal speed of 130 is needed.

on any of my runs, i never lit up the rear tyres, im waiting to fit my line control kit, and get some practice in, need to fit some better rear tyres, and up the boost to 1.8bar and race fuel.

simon

i have looked at other mr2's, and seems some talk of 1.6-1.8 60 foot times and terminal speed of 130 is needed.

on any of my runs, i never lit up the rear tyres, im waiting to fit my line control kit, and get some practice in, need to fit some better rear tyres, and up the boost to 1.8bar and race fuel.

simon

I hope my MR2 is ready for the summer ... got a fully built 3.4V6 going in it with a GT4094R - should be in the 10s I hope.

:pGreat day out as I too was a virgin dragster ;) Thanks Simon and Ray for the friendship, and thanks to all other forum members for staying away to keep the queue down :tongue:

Managed 7 runs in all (plus the long one home as I couldn't get out of drag mode :innocent:) and consistently ended in the mid 13's but suffered from lack of traction all day despite changing the race logic from between settings of 5 and 20.

My best time was:

2.504 - 60

6.412 - 330

88.16 - MPH1

9.220 - 660

11.470 - 990

114.91 MPH2

13.483 - 1320

I was hoping to get in the 12's and I don't think it was a power issue that prevented that, it was one of traction. Decreasing the pressure in the rears from 30 to 20 halfway through didn't really change much. I was running with stock suspension/lowering springs and falcon 17/275/35 on the rear with only a thousand miles on them.

I didn't warm the tyres or use the handbrake at the start so I guess I shall be going to some quiet lanes to develop and hone these skills.:eyebrows:

I know my 60 foot times are crap and that's the foundation of a good time, but any other analysis would be gratefully received.

lol at Ray for stripping out his whole interior and only bringing one cd :p

i should be able to do at least a 1.8 60 foot.

anyone any tips, despite lighting the tyres up.

going to try santapod next, also with line lock, and get my 60 foot

times down

Did you get a good burnout beforehand?

What tyres and pressures were you using?

If it was cold/wet you're going to be really disadvantaged anyway, there's only so much you can do in poor conditions...

Did you get a good burnout beforehand?

What tyres and pressures were you using?

If it was cold/wet you're going to be really disadvantaged anyway, there's only so much you can do in poor conditions...

as stated, no burnouts, have no skill, need to practice, will be sorted when i have the line lock fitted.

it was very cold/damp and kept raining.

didnt alter the pressures, and had yoko neova tyres

Sorry missed that bit. To get it to hook up you absolutely need to get the tyres heated with a good burnout. It made 0.5s difference to the 60ft on my last car and that was using F1's (which are useless for drag racing).

Line lock isn't needed at all to get a good burnout, but it'll save the discs getting overheated.