The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Newby confused

Guest stevo j

Guest stevo j

Im just about to buy a toy to play about with on weekends, i was going to buy an impreza ra running around 280 bhp stadard, but i love the lines of the supra, thing is i have a budget or around 3.5 pushing to 4 k so a n/a supra it would be, but dont know if i would be gutted with the lack of power, does the n/a fell quick to drive or is it a lazy cruiser :search:

Despite what people tell you the NA isnt a slow car. Mine wasnt. and im sure you would have more fun in the supra than the impretza. It will be a nicer place to sit.

Only fault i found with my NA was that it needed an extra geer on the motorway. But then again i was always thinking that when i was doing much faster than i should have been anyway!

Oh and it was bomb proof. Mot'd a couple of times with 0 advisories. But mine was a 98 car not a 93 :p

But you are asking a rather biased group of people. But for 3.5-4k your not going to get a minter

i have just brought a n/a and i love it, it is far from slow. i hate impreza's so common and the interior is basic. my wife is starting to get the hump with me as i can't stop myself going in the garage just to look at it and sit in it when i can't go for a drive. if your near ipswich i will take you out in mine to see what you think.

N/a's are cool, People say there slow blah blah blah but they have the same style as a tt and go well if you know how to drive them ;) I had the money for a tt transplant in my N/a and thought its not even worth messing about. I love my N/A :)

I'm still thinking about putting a TT lump in mine but after a twitchy arse end moment tonight nipping for a Chinese, I think I'll stay NA......;)

H.

Joe public won't know its a Turbo or non turbo but with the looks of a supra joe public won't care as its a crackin looking car. You could always get a TT engine transplant in the future when funds allow. Im going TT now as its so cheap to do!

i have just brought a n/a and i love it, it is far from slow. i hate impreza's so common and the interior is basic. my wife is starting to get the hump with me as i can't stop myself going in the garage just to look at it and sit in it when i can't go for a drive. if your near ipswich i will take you out in mine to see what you think.

You too? :)

Well the second part of your statement anyway ;)

Guest stevo j

thanks for the replies, im going for a supra :D i might see if i can push for a turbo, are the auto's ok?? one more thing can anyone tell me the length and width of a supra to see if will fit in my garage ;)

I'd have thought you could end up buying a world of trouble with a scooby of that age / price range.

Supras are generally bomb proof given that they've been looked after. There's not many mods to do to an SZ engine therefore most of them haven't been fiddled with.

thanks for the replies, im going for a supra :D i might see if i can push for a turbo, are the auto's ok?? one more thing can anyone tell me the length and width of a supra to see if will fit in my garage ;)

Its a bit like the "what mpg does it do, i need to see if i can afford to run it" question... If you need to ask the question you cant afford it.

If you need to ask if it will fit. It probably wont :p. From experiance getting it in shouldnt be a problem unless its very tight. The length might be an issue though. The problem would be getting out without pulling something or whacking the door on the wall as its low and the doors are large.

These details are actually for the TT but it will give you an idea of dimensions for your garage, and something to think about if you should find the £ for a TT some day:

http://www.fantasycars.com/derek/cars/supra.html

The N/A is no slouch either, 0-60 in around 6.3 - 6.5 secs. Depends what your comparing it against outside of a WRX. The auto box is excellent and has a manual overide I believe but others can tell you more, or try the search button :eyebrows: 5 speed manuals are a little more expensive - up to 4.5K, an auto less from about 3.2 K but worth spending a little more for a mint one. A budget of 4K will get you a nice auto, hold out for a good one as some cheaper ones can be real dogs :rolleyes:

It may be worth remembering that some aftermarket kits will extend the length/width in terms of fitting in your garage.

Good luck and happy shopping! :D

Linda

x

NA's are pretty good my friend. My 1994 stock auto NA was up to the challange set by a brand new RX-8 this weekend on the M54 coming back from Donny. The guy pulled up along side me, looked over and offered me a go. I took him up on it and was very surprised in all honesty to be beating him, well untill 112 anway, must get the limiter removed:D

And as Pete said. Supras are very reliable, especially NAs:)

Best way is to test drive several (NA, auto TT, manual TT if you can find one within budget). The auto boxes are well-regarded.

I get my NA in a garage. It is a tight squeeze, but do-able. I've put carpet on the garage wall where the driver's door opens to avoid paint scratches. This is a must IMO.