The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Cannot Balance wheels??

nickball75

Hi,

Ive just been down to my local tyre centre for balancing this morning. The first balance since owning my supra.

When I got there they told me they could not do it because I was missing a part that connects the Hex key as pictured below to their air gun.:blink:

does anyone know where I can get one them from and what it is called??

Im currently running on 19" Mania Pacifics

Cheers guys

040508095621.jpg

040508095655.jpg

Stupid excuse... do they not use a normal spanner? Should have a torque spanner at the minimum to do the nuts/bolts properly.

Something like a ring spanner would go on that or go to halfords and get a 1/2" hex drive to suit.

PS: I do dislike places that use airguns to put alloys on..it CAN result in crossthreads and over tightened nuts. (oooeeer :))

This doesn't exactly seem like rocket science to me!!

If the haven't got a 1/2" hex drive then they are a poor tyre place. They must get other people in with those type of nuts?

H.

God only knows mate, They looked a bit "backward" if you ask me anyway!! Its a bit of an oldskool kinda place. Anyone know a good place in the west oxfordshire area they can reccomend?

They will probably have the hex fitting but they will also probably break your car.....:blink:

H.

I find that if you go into the workshop and have a chat to the mechanics (if thats the right word for a kwik fit fitter) rather than sit in reception they will take good care of your car. Obviously cant guarantee that everywhere, but the one by me is very good.

I find that if you go into the workshop and have a chat to the mechanics (if thats the right word for a kwik fit fitter) rather than sit in reception they will take good care of your car. Obviously cant guarantee that everywhere, but the one by me is very good.

Luckily one of my old mates works at Kwik Fit in Wigan so the Supe is very well cared for whenever it has been there. The Kwik Fit at Chorley is a completely different matter. Full of useless, braindead, grease monkeys!!:blink::rolleyes:

H.