The mkiv Supra Owners Club

hubcentric spacers

cainhead

Can anyone tell me whtat the best kit would be to extend my wheels out as I have the overfender kit and my wheels sit to far into the arch. Have seen those H and R but not sure which ones are any good.

Thanks in advance to any answers:thumbs:

Hi mate, in same position as yourself ! looking for good hubcentric spacer's , was given a lead by a forum member to look at priracing.co.uk . said he's had no trouble with them and were very helpful over the phone if need be. i shall be giving them a buzz soon. good kuck ! ;)

Apparenty Project Kics spacers are supposed to be the best! Just make sure you get the hubcentric ring to go with them.

http://www.neweraparts.com/Default.aspx?tabid=54&txtSearch=spacers&CategoryID=1&List=0&Level=1&ProductID=83

I have ordered 15mm spacers for my car.

Also look at this:

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?t=142680&highlight=kics

Spacers will knacker you hub bearings and ruin the handling.

H&R are well made examples but they are still spacers and will still ruin the car...and if you've got the money for 4 new hub bearings then you've probably got enough to buy 4 new wheels that are the right offset and size to start with....

dont you think its funny that the title says NISSAN X TRAIL TOYOTA SUPRA, the box in the picture says peugeot and citreon but yet those 2 cars isnt on the list of makes and models they do?

dont you think its funny that the title says NISSAN X TRAIL TOYOTA SUPRA, the box in the picture says peugeot and citreon but yet those 2 cars isnt on the list of makes and models they do?

Quite a simple explanation really. :)

He sells spacers to suit other cars too, but he thought it was a little unnecessary to take a photo of each kit. He may have sold out of the ones that fit the Peugeot and Citroen.

Apparenty Project Kics spacers are supposed to be the best! Just make sure you get the hubcentric ring to go with them.

http://www.neweraparts.com/Default.aspx?tabid=54&txtSearch=spacers&CategoryID=1&List=0&Level=1&ProductID=83

Not on the evidence of that picture they aren't :). If you must use spacers, that is exactly the type you should NOT use. They seem to make both types. Make sure you buy the hubcentric Kics spacers.

The one in the picture has no recess to locate the spacer on the hub and spigot to locate the wheel on the spacer. That puts all the stress on the studs, which they are not designed to take.

"Newera would recommend the optional Hub-centric Spacers also. Although not needed for fitment, for the sake of safety we would recommend these, as otherwise excess load may be put on the existing studs causing them to fail. Different options are available for hub bore outside diameter."

The ones with the hubcentric rings are the ones I went for. They arrived today actually and look superb.

These same spacers are fitted to the Newera drift demo cars and according to an internet search virtually all of the Team Falken Drift team use Project Kics spacers and/or lugnuts.

Regarding the handling issues; it is possible to get the cars geometry setup to compensate for this to a large extent if the car has adjustable camber.

Fromt my research it does seem that alot of the horror stories to do with spacers seem to be because of the use of cheap/poor quality items.

I used hubcentric spacers before And regretted it. They start off nice and shiney and go really dirty. Unless you are absolutely sold on your alloys get the wheels for your car that mean you dont have to use them.

Of course they are a cheapish fix to get the wheels out. Like to see pics of your overfenders.

I used hubcentric spacers before And regretted it. They start off nice and shiney and go really dirty. Unless you are absolutely sold on your alloys get the wheels for your car that mean you dont have to use them.

Of course they are a cheapish fix to get the wheels out. Like to see pics of your overfenders.

If you don't mind me asking, what problems did you have?

If you don't mind me asking, what problems did you have?

Only cosmetic ones - the high quality aluminium turns a funny dul white color and is hard to reach though the spokes to clean. The car felt and handled just the way as it did before. Maybe felt a bit "wider" on the road - but that was possibly just an illusion.