PDA

View Full Version : Next round of performance mods coming upÖ.advice/opinions appreciated

Tannhauser
29-11-03, 19:52
Over the next few months Iím planning some more performance mods and would like to see what advice people can offer.

So far, the car (JDM auto) has the following:

Apexi FMIC
water injection
full de-cat (CW downpipes)
NUR spec exhaust
Blitz SBC dual solenoid boost control
Blitz intake
HKS BOV
TRL FCD
HKS forged pistons
Turbonetics Hybrid turbos (unkown spec but probably very mild Ė UK spec approx)
RLTC
AP six pot front brakes

I now have 550cc injectors and a walbro 341 pump ready to go on, once I get a resistor pack. Iíve decided on - and budgeted for - a full Greddy e-manage kit for my EMS as I donít want to go as far as an AEM or equivalent.

What Iím after is as much low-end/ mid range punch as possible. Top end is an irrelevance to me.

What next, for a PARTS budget of, say, £2.2k? Hoping to get bits second hand if poss.

Some options:
1. Better hybrids (some VERY mixed reports on these)
2. More aggressive cams (256/264) Ė but only if these improve midrange.
3. The dreaded NOS + progressive controller (I have RLTC though)
4. Torque convertor
5. Other????

I donít want and canít afford mega-power, but 400-450 crank sounds good. Feasible?

Any opinions on how to spend my cash most welcome

Regards,

Cliff

dude
29-11-03, 20:55
Number 4 dude :D

Dude:flame Dev

Tannhauser
29-11-03, 21:02
Yeah, hadn't crossed my mind as a possibility till you mentioned it the other day.

dude
29-11-03, 21:07
Originally posted by Tannhauser
Yeah, hadn't crossed my mind as a possibility till you mentioned it the other day.

On your budget id go TC and cams and turn the boost up a bit from what you said you are running , if you fancy NOS it will prob only benefit you at the drag strip with drag radials as you cant use your RLTC :cool:

Dude:flame Dev

MONKEYmark
30-11-03, 00:09
Originally posted by dude
On your budget id go TC and cams and turn the boost up a bit from what you said you are running , if you fancy NOS it will prob only benefit you at the drag strip with drag radials as you cant use your RLTC :cool:

Dude:flame Dev yours come yet dude?

TC is a good mod and stick car in ttc mode dont think much to hybrids for the cost of them. you might have to look into traction problems. i know weather is crap now. cars not getting power down for me, in ttc mode it feels strong but sends car sideways too easy.

lots of supras going in for make overs

lots of fun to be had

have fun