The mkiv Supra Owners Club

New here

Guest lockdown

Guest lockdown

Hello people.

Upgrading from my astra and im defiantly getting a jap super car next. Im torn between a supra TT and an RX7 at the moment.

Spoke to a few members on an rx7 owners club and they say the fuel consumption on the rx7 is really bad (15-20ish mpg). What would it be like on a supra TT? This is going to be my daily, I know its not going to be brilliant but 15mpg is taking the piss.

Any info appreciated.

Thanks

From a TT? Click here --> BPU

That should release a few extra horses for comparably little cost.

Not a lot of scope from an NA without huge financial outlay unfortunately. If you're after the power and modding, I'd say look for a TT. Just take it easy if it's your first RWD car Some on here would probably recommend against a TT as a first RWD car - they can be twitchy!

I get 22-32mpg. 32mpg is the extreme though on a steady m'way cruise. 22 is just general driving taking it fairly easy. possibly getting slightly less now though as I'm getting used to the power ;)

Good luck with your decision

Rob

I get 22-32mpg. 32mpg is the extreme though on a steady m'way cruise. 22 is just general driving taking it fairly easy. possibly getting slightly less now though as I'm getting used to the power ;)

Good luck with your decision

Rob

32mpg?! :blink: Did you push the car half of the way on that journey and then average it out?! Best I've ever had (when I've calculated it - I don't usually bother) from a full tank is about 23.5. Worst is about 14 :D

lol, Nope was 70-85 all the way fair bit of backroad driving. couple of 'plays' and couldn't have been more accurate with my working out. 22-24 is just general use not had the car long so Spirited driving is the exception rather than the rule at the mo' ;)

32mpg?! :blink: Did you push the car half of the way on that journey and then average it out?! Best I've ever had (when I've calculated it - I don't usually bother) from a full tank is about 23.5. Worst is about 14 :D

lol, Nope was 70-85 all the way fair bit of backroad driving. couple of 'plays' and couldn't have been more accurate with my working out. 22-24 is just general use not had the car long so Spirited driving is the exception rather than the rule at the mo' ;)

I don't use the Supra as a daily drive, so when I go out in her, she tends to get driven a little more enthusiastically than normal :innocent: Even on motorway journeys with cruise control on I don't seem to get more than 23!

Back on topic: I do like the look of RX-7's, just not so keen on the upkeep required by the engine :)

Guest lockdown

I didnt get ask many replies from the rx guys but they where helpful aswell. This wont be my first rwd car but it will be my first powerful rwd car, had a few low powered bmws in the past. Drove a DB9 once but it was kak, rather drive my astra round a track lol