The mkiv Supra Owners Club

colour on plugs?

suprab

Hi all, while changing my valve stem oil seals today i noticed that the plugs (IK22) have a funny colour.. on the bottom part near the electrode it used to be white when new,about 1000km ago its now a funny orange colour?? any ideas or is it normal??

thanks

CORONA STAIN

In the automotive trade corona stain is commonly known as the light brown or rusty stain found on a spark plug operating at normal temperature (or so says a promotional video from NGK) However we tend to beleive that the term "Corona stain" should be used in conjuction with a hard night on the booze (namely "corona") and a visit to the bogger the morning after,hence creating a "rusty or brown corona stain" around the toilet or on ones undergarment that appear to have a hazey "ring around saturn" appearance

:rlol:

lol.. thanks guys. that looks like the same colour but in a different place. its at the firing end, but it did say the corona stain could be caused by oil particles in the air which i guess as my valve stems were leaking and the rubber gone hard then there would be oil particles in there! what ye think??