The mkiv Supra Owners Club

MOT Time - HELP

Big Mark

I got my J-spec TT Supra at the end of last summer and it is now due an MOT but doesn't have any cats?

Will it pass or do I have to find a cat to put back on for it to pass?

The car was taken away by a mate of a mate for it's MOT today but it wouldn't even get onto their ramp (4x4's are their usual vehicles) and they said that they probably wouldn't be able to pass it without a cat?

What does everyone else with no cats do MOT time?

P.S. I'm in Banbury so if you know of an extra friendly MOT man nearby let me know.

I emailed the owner of my old Supra to see how he was getting on again last week. His reply was:

"Hi Greg,

Thanks for the info on the Alarm. I doubt I will get it serviced as I have the installation / user manuals and the Clifford software so I can configure the alarm from the PC.

The car is still running very well.

It passed its MOT today, even with the exhaust ! I was amazed as I expected it to fail without a CAT.

Went to the in-laws last weekend. The car looked a bit sorry for itself when we got back as it was covered in salt and dirt from the journey. Had to wash it as I can't stand it looking too dirty.

Best regards

Mark

Just a matter of which garage you choose mate :)

Here you go. :)

Kindell Motors Ltd

Motor vehicle recovery services

72-80 Stocklake,

HP20 1DA,

Aylesbury,

Buckinghamshire

(01296)394696

Speak to Mark and tell him you are on the forum and what your problem is.

Thanks Andy,

I've got the car booked in at a garage on Saturday so I would need to get hold of a cat by then.

What does concern me slightly about putting a cat back on is that the my exhaust hung about an inch off the ground when I bought the car and a friend and I at a local fabricators took off the 3 sections and had to cut each of them 2-3 times and weld them back on for a perfect fit, so not sure how it would line up with a cat back on.

The back box and 2nd section are 3" diameter made by Kakimoto and the 3rd section that bolts to the down pipe is 3 1/2" diameter (no idea what make). So to replace the 1st cat would it simply bolt in where the 3 1/2" pipe is. What about the 2nd cat, does that just replace the middle section?

Booked in at Mark's tomorrow. Spoke to the reception when booked so hope he is around when I turn up.

He is always there! :)

When you meet him, tell him you were advised to come along by me - CJ with the Orange Supra. ;)