The mkiv Supra Owners Club

A day of ups & downs with the Supe

jevansio

Been a funny old day, got home tonight to find a big box waiting for me, yay, it's my Cusco ARBS with new Toyota droplinks & a shiney new Do-luck rear cross bar :D :D

A massive thanks to Nic for getting these to me (even though he is laid up with a monster flu), some pics attached, I'll get more when they're fitted.

On the downside, I notcied there was a rip on one of my speaker covers, now nobody has been in the back of the car & it's basically been sat on my drive since I got it back. This coupled with a hissing noise that can be heard when the volume is low triggered me into ripping the damn thing out :(.

So I'll prolly put the headunit, amp, speakers & subs up for sale to recover some of the £1800!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I've spent having it installed. What a total waste of money, I'll never have a sound system in the car again, it's left a proper bad taste in my mouth.

I'll be on the lookout for a stock rear view mirror again too :D

IMG_2068.jpg

IMG_2069.jpg

IMG_2070.jpg

IMG_2071.jpg

IMG_2072.jpg

IMG_2073.jpg

IMG_2074.jpg

IMG_2075.jpg

Mmm I like the Do-luck cross bar, wonder if it makes any noticable difference. How much was it out of interest?

I once did a car with lots of decent stereo, never again, just not worth it imho. Plus, whos needs a decent stereo when you've got a lovely single to make the noise :D

Im in the same boat.

I have a lovely install in mine and have already removed rear speakers and amp, ill just run a basic front speaker system with maybe a removable mid size sub to go long distance.

I have an Alpine Flip out screen job which i could sell on, but i do like the Satnav it has built in.

Im kinda torn if i should keep it or lose it :(

Mmm I like the Do-luck cross bar, wonder if it makes any noticable difference. How much was it out of interest?

I once did a car with lots of decent stereo, never again, just not worth it imho. Plus, whos needs a decent stereo when you've got a lovely single to make the noise :D

It was roughly £250 I think, yeah I think you're right, I'm going to save the Supe for when I wanna go mental, no music just engine noise.

Im in the same boat.

I have a lovely install in mine and have already removed rear speakers and amp, ill just run a basic front speaker system with maybe a removable mid size sub to go long distance.

I have an Alpine Flip out screen job which i could sell on, but i do like the Satnav it has built in.

Im kinda torn if i should keep it or lose it :(

I only put it in as I was going to the Ring, not going now so it was a total waste :(

lovely stuff you got there mate, looks like the dog thinks he got a new bone :p. shame about your install, hope things pick up for ya

Cheers bud, haven't seen you a work for a while.

Cheers bud, haven't seen you a work for a while.

Im not working there anymore we got made redundant due to the work moving to days, got a good redundancy payment so its sort of a good thing really as it was just a part time job for uni etc. Hows the car running anyways? you got the mapping and everything sorted?

use an IPOD with headphones next time,better sound cheaper aswell.. take the thing back to the shop and get them to fix it ....

That's exactly what I'd do, it sounds like there's interference - give them the car back and save, right - fix it or rip it out and refund. Thanks!

That's what I'd do - or get another firm to correct it?

Too late guys, it's all ripped out! :D

Glad the parts arrived okay Jay :thumbs:

Might have to get a set of those Cusco ARB's on mine I think :)

Should get them fitted in a week or so, will let you know what I think then :)

Lol, just realised that would look strange to you guys, I'm used to it now. The pup has a problem where she can't control her bladder, she is continuously (and I mean dribbling all the time) leaving wet patches. We started off washing sheets & throws, but it got out of hand the washing. We decided a nappy was the best idea, she's so young they can't operate yet, but in a month or so she'll be getting an operation. Something to do with her p*ss tubes coming out on the wrong side of her sphingter (sp?)

Will you be putting up the stereo stuff for sale mate? If so, can I grab a price on the speakers etc? I've got a headunit but all 4 speakers are gone.

I'm hoping to sell it as a job lot Gaz, it's just easier that way. If that fails I'll def be up for splitting things up, I'll pencil you in for the speakers :)

Lol, just realised that would look strange to you guys, I'm used to it now. The pup has a problem where she can't control her bladder, she is continuously (and I mean dribbling all the time) leaving wet patches. We started off washing sheets & throws, but it got out of hand the washing. We decided a nappy was the best idea, she's so young they can't operate yet, but in a month or so she'll be getting an operation. Something to do with her p*ss tubes coming out on the wrong side of her sphingter (sp?)

so does that mean she where fanny pads aswell, just the thought of you standing looking for which fanny pad you thinks right for your dog has me creased.