The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Oil Leak?

bmx1lew

On my mot there is a advisory for a oil leak, when asking the mechanic to have a look to work out where it is coming from he said it would be hard to work out as the whole front of the car is covered with oil, now my oil never goes down nor does my Transmission, since I’ve had the car these have been checked regularly and seem fine and have never dropped enough to notice a change, the car has been parked up for long periods of time and there has never been any dripping oil or marks left, so I don’t know if it’s something to worry about or ignore...?

As I said my oil never goes down also has had a recent service so what is it likely to be and should I start worrying?

Lew.

can you see any oil from above?

the supra won't leave drip marks as it has a large undertray that has a lining (presumably fire retardant or sound deadening) that soaks up any drips.

Get down on the floor and check for oil that has spread down onto the gearbox/second cat area as with any significant leak the oil is always blown this far aft...........