The mkiv Supra Owners Club

better MPG?

nickball75

Ive heard that too. The theory being that because its better quality you burn less. I put V-Power in my NA every other, or every 3rd time, I fill up. I think it does last a little longer but how much I dont know. Probably not a lot of differance to be fair. NAs dont really need to have V-Power but a lot do use it.

I havent got a figure but im pretty sure its a low number!! can serviceing help the mpg? if it does, im gonna put it in soon! Im still running on the first full tank I put in and I reset the odeometer when I filled it up so Ill know more once its empty. What is the capacity of an SZ auto '95 fuel tank (gallons)?

I get between 20 and 28 generally and I have recently been giving it some welly!! I have always used normal unleaded and not had any problems. I used v-power for the first couple of fill ups but it didn't seem to make any noticable difference!!

H.

Some calculate in KM and some in miles, it depends on the converter you have fitted, mine counts in miles but says km, I checked it by driving with a friend following me on a 10 mile trip. We compared trip distances and they were identical, this is how i found out.

Some calculate in KM and some in miles, it depends on the converter you have fitted, mine counts in miles but says km, I checked it by driving with a friend following me on a 10 mile trip. We compared trip distances and they were identical, this is how i found out.

bestr way i found to test was to drive at 60mph and then reset the trip and count 1 minute should do 1 mile or otherwise it reads in km,s

what bout these? are these rubbish or do they work?

http://www.potn.co.uk/ecotek_c618_657.htm

yes

the ecotek CB-26P is an amazing product

i have used one on all my cars and have definately noticed the difference and benifited from it

but to put it in a supra you need to buy 2 or 3 cant remember but know you need 2 if the engine is higher than 2 ltr

i havent got round to putting any the supra yet but i will be

I would defiantly say no...

why do you say no?

have you ever tried it?

or read all the reports from top gear, max power, classic car mag, performance ford? these are just a few that rated it highly

why do you say no?

have you ever tried it?

or read all the reports from top gear, max power, classic car mag, performance ford? these are just a few that rated it highly

How does it 'create a better suspension of fuel molecules in the mixture' in the fuel line, to the injectors, when the fuel's swerll patten should surely be created by the injectors themselves.

Isn't the unit just another one of these devices like the magnetic coil around a fuel line, which I have read to make no improvement to fuel consumption.

How does it 'create a better suspension of fuel molecules in the mixture' in the fuel line, to the injectors, when the fuel's swerll patten should surely be created by the injectors themselves.

Isn't the unit just another one of these devices like the magnetic coil around a fuel line, which I have read to make no improvement to fuel consumption.

Just looked further into it and it seems it is not a fuel atomizer device like I thought it was, those do not work. I cant say I have any experience or ever heard of this type before.

What does it do to work between the brake servo and the inlet...?

What does it do to work between the brake servo and the inlet...?

it lets in small amounts of air in to the manifold where aif and fuel is mixed to create a better burn

i dont know how it works but i know that it does from experience and whta i have read and heard from other people

yes

the ecotek CB-26P is an amazing product

i have used one on all my cars and have definately noticed the difference and benifited from it

but to put it in a supra you need to buy 2 or 3 cant remember but know you need 2 if the engine is higher than 2 ltr

i havent got round to putting any the supra yet but i will be

why do you say no?

have you ever tried it?

So its something that fits in the brake booster line and creates "turbulence in the plenum". Hmm...

Turbulance in the cylinder (which is a far cry from turbulance in the plenum) definitely helps fuel mixing at low load. At WOT you don't need it. I can only guess that this gizmo opens up at large throttle openings to allow more air into the plenum. It can't open at low load otherwise you'd never get any vacuum in your brake booster, and it would blow air out on a turbo car.

If my guess is right (maybe someone can confirm?) then it would certainly change the throttle response (which might make the car "feel" more sprightly). On a MAF equipped car it would potentially make you run lean.

Unsurprisingly, its difficult to see how it would affect fuel economy, though. It it did, it would have been a standard feature on road cars decades ago.