The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Help with supra Coil packs

bmx1lew

I went to change my spark plugs last night, when unplugging the coil packs the first coil pack plug closet to the cam gears crumbled in my fingers! the plastic is so fragile that it crumbled so i don’t have a plug any more except two little wires and the prongs that are usually held in the plug, so any way i left it at that i didn’t want to continue incase it happened to the others, i plugged the prongs into the coil pack however they are not conducting fully as the car is only running on 5 doh! So i guess i need a new wiring loom? Or can i just buy a new plug end, or is there an alternative?

Any help would massively be appreciated

Lew.

same thing happend to me too..you can buy the plastic plugs and there is a very good "how to" guide on here somewhere..takes you through it step by step

Can anyone post the link for the how to guide for me? Did a quick search but didn't see anything obvious.