The mkiv Supra Owners Club

milage

Guest Deano H

Guest Deano H

Being a previous supra owner looking to get a new one and shopping around what i was wondering would be a high milage??? for example i have seen some 1993 cars with 61000miles and some 1997 cars with 96000miles, what in a supra owners oppinion would you classify as high milage on a supra???

I've read posts from some of the more respected technical guys on here saying that it's the condition of the car you should worry about, not how many times it's been to the moon :)

Also, how is 100k miles ok, yet 120k is "high" mileage?! :blink: What makes those 20k miles so much worse than the previous few?? My car's on 106k now and the only niggles are things you've kind of got to expect from a car made 15 years ago.

As my supra is only on about 18,500 miles (genuine) anything

above 50,000 is high mileage for me! :p

But surely having NOS on it would put off buyers more than slightly higher mileage, it certainly would me.

It has to be the condition of the car generally. A car with 20k on it that has not been looked after will potentially be a higher risk than a 100k car that has been well maintained!

But surely having NOS on it would put off buyers more than slightly higher mileage, it certainly would me.

It has to be the condition of the car generally. A car with 20k on it that has not been looked after will potentially be a higher risk than a 100k car that has been well maintained!

The nos has only just been put on and with a proggressive

controller to protect the engine! & with only 18,500 miles on the

clock, the cars in mint condition! (apart from the front splitter

as its so bloody low)

I have one that comes in now and again for servicing that's done well over 300,000. I have a Volvo of mine that's done 360K, so given care 100K is nothing. The MKIV TT auto clocked up a lot of miles from the south coast to Aberdeen regularly, over a 2 year period. Never had the head off, and on stock, original turbos. Original gearbox, too. Uses a bit of oil, but generally a very sound car still.