The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Snow Foam Mod

Sharpie

I recently purchase a Heavy Duty Snow Foam Lance in the group buy http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?t=135722 and when it arrived, I was happy with the overall product but, a little disappointed that the fluid bottle did not hang below the PW lance (at the 6 O'clock position) which, I thought would be the natural place for it hang = spray pattern and suction of the fluid out of the bottle & not making the lance heavy on one side only.

Anyway, before getting the tools out and breaking it, I spoke with Pete who was VERY helpful and offered some good advice and also got in contact with the supplier for me. In the end, I said that I'd have a crack at it..

My tools are not setup in the garage yet so, I had to think of something other than getting physical with the metal. I tried to turn some of the parts by hand, using mole grips but, either the threaded section was to long or I could not move the other end of the pipe by hand.

I took some PTFE tape and wound this around the end of the threaded pipe section but, no matter how thick I did this, the brass lugs would not end up in the right position for my Karcher PW gun.

So, I just taped up the very end of the threaded pipe section, a good few layers ...I guess 6-10 layers. I then got some steel adhesive and pasted this around the threaded section rather thickly and when putting the brass fitting back onto the pipe, it filled all the gaps and pushed a little out up front. I screwed the brass fitting as far as I could, without reaching the very end of the threaded section, maybe 1/2 a turn short so, the lugs on the brass fitting were at the correct position for the Karcher gun.

I left it for 2 days standing upright on the brass fitting and it cured fully. I then trimmed the excess PTFE tape and tested it at the weekend. JOB DONE :D

I know it's not very technical but, just shows how it can be changed if your snow foam bottle is not hanging in the position you want it in for a HDlance.JPG

HDlance2.JPG

snow1.JPG

snow2.JPG

snow3.JPG

Snow4Araldite.JPG

Couldn't you just hold the gun sideways so the bottle is at 6 o'clock :rolleyes:

Yes, I could but, then the spray pattern of the snow foam lance would be spread vertically rather than horizontally = Too much waste of the snow foam product and it's not exactly a neutral posture position is it ?