The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Blow off Valve

Guest Wassie

Guest Wassie

Ok, so what does that mean for the Blow off Valve I am looking for? Sorry, is there a difference in sound with a single or twin t?

Okay, only reason is that MAF equipped spec's (UK, US, VVTis) have a slight issue with BOV's.

The most common ones I seem to remember are HKS and Blitz... I personally run the HKS units and they seem fine, stay AWAY from the ebay knock off ones they are terrible for leaking.

Guest Wassie

Ok, I was planning on going to a company here in SA that does this. I just needed the name so they can install it for me. I also have a friend that got 350 kW out of his Subaru, and he now has a GTR33, who will help me with it. I just love that sound though.

I am looking for the name and model of the blow off valve used in the following clip. Does anyone know which one it is?

There are 2 separate sounds you can hear on that vid each time the guy changes gear; the high pitched whistle is the BOV, the lower fluttering sound is the single turbo stalling.

It's a common misconception that the fluttering sound you can hear is the BOV, it's not.

Guest Wassie

See, now that makes a lot of sense. Thanks Nic. My logic told me that if that fluttering was the BOV, it means the air is bypassing at another place. Why else would it close the release valve.