The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Hovis

Guest Nicholas

Guest Nicholas

Does anyone else miss the old hovis threads? are we not allowed them anymore? I vaguely remember a bit of an uproar but can't be certain... can anyone shed any light on the subject? :search:

Well the problem is that it's always directed at female newcomers.

The problem with that is, what're you gonna do/say when the new female member that you got all excited like a dog on heat about turns out not to be such a hottie in your eyes.

It can only end in tears, or silence.

Best just not to go there in the first place.

I think it's now frowned upon due to the nanny state/PC culture/feminists/gender sensitive types/new mods/everything-is-offensive-to-me brigade.

There was a particular thread, but I can't be bothered to look for it. I'm too busy trying not to offend anyone.

It was only ever a bit of fun, kinda like saying Veilside kits are old news or n/a cars aren't as spritely.

Guest Nicholas
Well the problem is that it's always directed at female newcomers.

The problem with that is, what're you gonna do/say when the new female member that you got all excited like a dog on heat about turns out not to be such a hottie in your eyes.

It can only end in tears, or silence.

Best just not to go there in the first place.

Oh I didn't see it in that light at all I mean who would go on a car forum to "pull" :search: just thought it was a good laugh and a bit of harmless fun :)

Oh I didn't see it in that light at all I mean who would go on a car forum to "pull" :search: just thought it was a good laugh and a bit of harmless fun :)

I might be off target, but that's how all the female new member threads go, and aren't they the hovis ones? Or is it just *after* a lady has posted a hot picture that the hovis thing starts up? :)

Guest Nicholas
Ed.

LOL :D

Aha thanks Michael

I might be off target, but that's how all the female new member threads go, and aren't they the hovis ones? Or is it just *after* a lady has posted a hot picture that the hovis thing starts up? :)

It was always the new person joining I don't actually remember anyone taking offence most had a laugh with it! :)

It's supposed to be requested after a picture is posted that people don't believe, but it became the 2nd or 3rd post in a new thread by a female n00b to simply post a picture, which is a bit silly.

If we get a new bird join, who posts up pictures of Kiera Knightley claiming it's her, then we should all request Hovis, but otherwise it's just rude!

It's supposed to be requested after a picture is posted that people don't believe, but it became the 2nd or 3rd post in a new thread by a female n00b to simply post a picture, which is a bit silly.

If we get a new bird join, who posts up pictures of Kiera Knightley claiming it's her, then we should all request Hovis, but otherwise it's just rude!

That makes sense :)

I think it's now frowned upon due to the nanny state/PC culture/feminists/gender sensitive types/new mods/everything-is-offensive-to-me brigade.

There was a particular thread, but I can't be bothered to look for it. I'm too busy trying not to offend anyone.

It was only ever a bit of fun, kinda like saying Veilside kits are old news or n/a cars aren't as spritely.

Well, if you don't like it here....

I have a Veilside N/A and i'm not allowed to post up my hovis pic:(.