The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Good day from South Africa

Guest Wassie

Guest Wassie

Yes, that is correct. I am from South Africa and are about to take delivery (Thursday) of my brand new (second hand) one of only 8 MKIV supras (a.k.a Wasp) in South Africa.

I used to drive a Subaru WRX STi, which is fantastic up to 120 km/h. Having wide open roads, I started looking about 2 years ago for some sad guy willing to sell his Supra. I found one about two weeks ago, scratched around for the R200,000 (about 12,000 pounds), bought it and I am flying 1,700 km to go pic it up and then drive it back to my home town.

I have a dream car now, one that is still very standard, just an induction kit and HKS, but a BOV and management system is already on the cards.

back.jpg

side.jpg

Guest Wassie

It is now called Tswane, but a lot of people is trying to stop the name changes. However, I am down in Cape Town. My view out my house is that of Table Mountain. What a pleasure.

I am looking for a particular BOV, but I am not sure which one is it. Can someone tell me where I can find out which BOV is the one I am looking for? I will get a link of the one that has the sound I want.

It is now called Tswane, but a lot of people is trying to stop the name changes. However, I am down in Cape Town. My view out my house is that of Table Mountain. What a pleasure.

I am looking for a particular BOV, but I am not sure which one is it. Can someone tell me where I can find out which BOV is the one I am looking for? I will get a link of the one that has the sound I want.

Oh Cape Town is lovely, used to stay in Bloeberg Strand often. Chapman's peak is just begging for a supra run :)... I often used to take the M3 up there and play (scaring the hell out of my dad in the process :))

Guest Wassie

Chappies is closed 9 months of the year now. Bit of a pain, but there is a nice pass going around to Hermanus which has been retared and is fantastic for drifting. I actually live in Bloubergstrand

Chappies is closed 9 months of the year now. Bit of a pain, but there is a nice pass going around to Hermanus which has been retared and is fantastic for drifting. I actually live in Bloubergstrand

Ja boet, apologies for my spelling, maar ek het my afrikaans klaar vergeet. Apart from the usual 'morse kak' stuff :) Just on the other side of Chaps is my particular fav, Kommetjie, used to have a house just down from the church there... Lovely place. So what is with shutdown of Chapman's peak? road works or what... I know there were a few hairpins that had me hoping like hell the forward motion the engine provided could overcome the rear momentum of the car and the gravel the wheels were on :)

Guest Wassie

They close it down due to land slides and rock falls. Even the bluesteel nets don't keep those grownup rocks. Apart from that, with drifting taking off here in SA, every road with a corner is a potential drift track. Many Beemers, 200SX's and 350Z's has seen the grain of the 3 foot high steel inforced rock barrier.

Hi and Welcome

I used to live in Capetown myself.Man how I miss those big open roads.Been looking to buy a property in Blouberg near Big Bay.Property prices seem to have escalated to rediculous levels.You should take some proper shots of your Supra with Table Mountain in the background:)

Ant

Hi,

I also used to live in Cape Town, Table View, exactly.

How are you getting the Supra into South Africa and road legal? I looked (some time ago) to import a car into South Africa, but a 2nd hand car is damn near impossible. Unless you have owned the car for 2 years outside of the country.

Having it registered in a nearby country.... could work. Other than that, there was no way!