package included

Connecting Rod Bearing Set Standard Size

Crankshaft Main Bearing Set Standard Size

Thrust Washer Set Standard Size

All delivered for about 100 euros .

Pure rubbish or what ?

Also what would ye recommend ?

Cheers

i looked at these and contacted MVP with regard to one size fits all, they responded in a none comital way and said to "leave it to your engine builder" as thats me i am not bothering, i dont understand how Mr T makes different size bearings to get the optimum fit (my mains and big ends have both 2 different sizes in them) and a manufacturer like ACL only make a one size fits all, their explanation of this is "higher power engines need a bigger clearance" i say bullsh*t, i am buying new stock Toyota or if money is not a problem Power Enterprise make all the correct sizes

what do they cost nic ? Will i just leave me engine builder take care of these ?

@ Dayosupra - I from cork lad, westward in supposed to be good for tuning but im going

to get marty to build my supra and then he is gettin some lad brought over from the uk

to setup and map the aem

• 4 weeks later...

Thomas that looks expensive mate :(, but what a first class post this is what forums are all about and i feel it completely validates me sticking with stock Toyota bearings, what plans do you have, is you motor a right off, which bearing has gone and do you know what size it should have been

Thomas that looks expensive mate :(, but what a first class post this is what forums are all about and i feel it completely validates me sticking with stock Toyota bearings, what plans do you have, is you motor a right off, which bearing has gone and do you know what size it should have been

Well Im talking whit one about a complet engine, that runs, and has a low milaged.

I do not think that i want to rebuld this one.

This for some one else :)

But i never juse ACL again. :)

The bearing failure you show is absolutely NOTHING to do with the bearings themselves, it would have happened with ones from Mr Toyota, too.

are you talking about the fact the bearing has "spun" in the housing Chris, surely if this is the case would an incorrect clearance on a bearing make that particular bearing more susceptable to failure

I have used thes bearings on many different engines, the failure shown would be caused by one or more of the following.

Oil starvation, either a worn pump, or restricted oil feed (maybe too small a cooler plumbing set up?)

A previous engine failure and the rods not being round and reused without re sizing or replacing

Dirty engine assembly practices.

I have used thes bearings on many different engines, the failure shown would be caused by one or more of the following.

Oil starvation, either a worn pump, or restricted oil feed (maybe too small a cooler plumbing set up?)

A previous engine failure and the rods not being round and reused without re sizing or replacing

Dirty engine assembly practices.

how do you address the one size fits all Chris or am i being overly fussy

I'm not 100% on that as i'm not an engine builder, I just have the ACL bearing catalogue at work :)

I did show this thread and Flyby's one to an engine builder this morning and he said the same as CW as this engine builder also uses ACL bearings in all his builds and has never had a problem with them :)

If you work out the differences in size between the "grades" on MKIV and Skyline RB25 and RB26 engines the spread is tiny and insignificant. I just rely on Plastiguage and have never had an issue. if buying genuine Nissan shells I just go for the biggest thickness for the big ends and the mid size for the mains.

If you work out the differences in size between the "grades" on MKIV and Skyline RB25 and RB26 engines the spread is tiny and insignificant. I just rely on Plastiguage and have never had an issue. if buying genuine Nissan shells I just go for the biggest thickness for the big ends and the mid size for the mains.

i accept that works for you Chris but why would a major car manufacturer go to all this trouble to make 6 different bearing sizes, they tend to make life easy on themselves and standardise everything to the extreme, 10 pence extra on a production line costs millions on the end product with the volume they produce, or am i missing something from a performance point of view :blink:

I have no idea why they do it, not all performance engine makers do. I have never received any validation for bothering to use the grading, either, unless you have a badly ground crank, or honed block, and the sizes stack up, meaning you need to juggle the sizes. the spread really is minute. On the sort of engines I tend to be building I sometimes err on slightly more clearance than stock, anyway.

I have no idea why they do it, not all performance engine makers do. I have never received any validation for bothering to use the grading, either, unless you have a badly ground crank, or honed block, and the sizes stack up, meaning you need to juggle the sizes. the spread really is minute. On the sort of engines I tend to be building I sometimes err on slightly more clearance than stock, anyway.

cheers Chris