The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Which one people ?

far

Blitz 3 HKS 2

Defis will be purchased when I go to japan next year at Jap prices! .This is a temporary measure so I can monitor whats happening as I dont have any type of gauge at the moment and am getting what feels like fuel cut at 5k+ revs.Getting VFCC too shortly.(no mods but still fuel cut I know a bit strange)

Originally posted by far

Blitz 3 HKS 2

Defis will be purchased when I go to japan next year at Jap prices! .This is a temporary measure so I can monitor whats happening as I dont have any type of gauge at the moment and am getting what feels like fuel cut at 5k+ revs.Getting VFCC too shortly.(no mods but still fuel cut I know a bit strange)

If you want a cheap boost gauge, i've got a mechanical Veilside one knocking about - i'm upgrading to defis :)

PM me if you are interested...

Originally posted by far

Defis will be purchased when I go to japan next year at Jap prices!

Far,

Exactly how cheap do you think Defi's are in Japan?

I work the cost price out as 130 for a boost guage, plus 5% sales tax.

Oh, you'll probably get away with the VAT and duty - fair enough - so that makes the cost only 136.50.

Now to get this product in the UK, from a UK company that has them in stock, has paid VAT and Duty etc etc - is only fractionally more.

Therefore you dont have to bring em back taking up luggage space, sweat at customs etc etc!

Do you think that is worth it?

Gaz.

I reckon I should save about £40 ish for each gauge,Might try to buy in bulk and get further discount if they are up for that and members want some.Even If I save £40 per gauge its still a fair bit and they dont weigh that much so its not going to be that bad having them in the suitcase.I also save on Uk postage and packaging etc...

This is all a first for me so the first time I go over I will be able to make some exact comparisons - i will post up findings and we will see if it is feasable/worth it

Originally posted by far

I reckon I should save about £40 ish for each gauge,Might try to buy in bulk and get further discount if they are up for that and members want some.Even If I save £40 per gauge its still a fair bit and they dont weigh that much so its not going to be that bad having them in the suitcase.I also save on Uk postage and packaging etc...

Far,

No really - you wont. Thats what I'm saying. You'd be able to save about 10% if you dont get caught at customs.

Personally I dont think its worth it, but have a go and see what happens...

Gaz.

Gaz the plan is to hide the stuff in the company exhibition equipment.

Two things could come of this

1> I get caught by customs

2>I get caught by work

3> I get caught by work and customs and get screwed like a spit roast :p

Cheers for the advice though Gaz,If I get info like this it all helps !