The mkiv Supra Owners Club

supra showed its fangs tonight!

cossack

was on the way home tonight after taking the sup out for a short run to bed the new pads in when it started to drizzle, as some might know, i dont often take the car out and when i do i hate to get it wet so being near home i thought right, quick haste, 1.2 corsa in front of me doing about 50, 'ill take him on the straight over the brow' , he starts to gather speed and when he reaches the straight hes doing 90+, ive backed off then he slows off also, now we are comming up to a motorway flyover roundabout (its in the country, never busy) he starts to speed up again and flings it into the roundie, i look right and everythings clear so thinks 'f**k this' and empties it on to the roundabout right on his ass, the car bit me big time, it was all over the place, i really thought i was killed, by the time i got it under control again the corsa and his bacon slicer tyres was no where to be seen:search:, prob half a mile away laughing his bag off!

Iv'e had mine 4 years, only lost the back end once. In the wet when I disconected the Speed pulse wire going into the Speed Delimeter Chip. (My own fault for being clumsy. This puts the car in Limp mode). The back slid about 4 feet when going up a big hill. Not lost it since, Usually the Traction control comes on and you cant slide anywhere because it feels like someone has nailed the rear of the car to the floor, or filled the boot with cement!

Guest Deano H

your lucky you didnt tree it like me on a roundabout. what is it that they say? If you have a choice between brick wall and tree, go for brick wall every time. At least a brick wall moves. I lost my supra that way :cry:

I almost lost mine the other day on a roundabout. Left lock, right lock etc etc. It did make me think that i should of kept the power on to pull out of it once i had lock, but i backed off and the back end then shot the other way, so the wheel was being turned all over the place. Scared me silly. Take it easy folks

jeez man id never go full into a round about, thats just asking for touble. i d have backed off then taken him in the next straight.

i think uve learnt your lesson this time bud. go easy dont want another supra scrapped. that will cause our insurance to go up