The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Intermittent car starting problem ... please help!

MaRkYbOy72

Hi guys!

This is the story. Up until about 2 weeks ago my Supe would start on the button every time. Then suddenly when I went to start her a week and a half ago, it took 2/3 attempts. It got a little more frequent with the non starting and I called the AA out who came and jumped started it straight away. They did a test on the battery and alternator as it was running and said all was good. Later on i noticed the negative terminal was a bit loose and after tightening it, it starts more regularly first time but not every time. I get a kind of dying sound (hmmmph!) on the first and second time and then it will start. Before I tightened the battery terminal I would sometimes find myself with no lights (ignition/door/interior) and the battery played dead. Jump leads started her first time when this used to happen. The battery is less than a year old and is a Halfrauds one. Any ideas? I am worried about getting caught out one day ...!

:search:

N.B. Not sure if it is connected but the alarm seems to intermittently go off when there appears to be no reason. Dont think there is a connection?!