The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Cruise control- confuzzled

Firestorm

You can buy good quality aftermarket cruise control kits for about £150. Would be relatively easy to fit to a Supra too ;)

Funny that, I was just gonna say it'd be nice to make your own or fit an aftermarket one. You could maybe then have an adaptive speed one.

Here is one, although it's for electronic throttle (Drive by Wire.. only in the VVTi Supras I think)

I've got it in my GZ, but I'm toying with the idea of changing steering wheel, which means I need additional bits to keep it working. Question is though - do aftermarket ECU's (when/if I go single turbo) still give the CC functionality? Because if not, there's probably not much point in me trying to keep it now.

okay so the GZ models and some uks...

All UK's have it.

This is because all UK's are GZ's, I guess. :)

i was told it is quite rare on this model its not been retro fitted

Yours is actually retro-fitted. I fitted it on your car when Angie owned it. Someone said it couldn't be done and I kind of did it as a challenge. However, fitting it is a major pain in the ass.

Fortunately for me, my first Supra (which I wrote off) had the relevant multi-plugs in the loom which I was able to cut off and use as this car didn't have them. I bought the cruise ECU, column switch, brake pedal switch (required because it's got 2 switch contacts in it - one for the cruise and one for the brake lights) and actuator from a written off GZ spec and spent a week putting it all together. It uses about 4 power supplies and has to have conections to the handbrake, gearbox ECU, instrument panel, brake pedal etc etc. In all there are (from memory) 23 wires from the ECU multi-plug that are necessary to solder into the vehicles wiring loom.

Wouldn't want to do it again really!

This is because all UK's are GZ's, I guess. :)

Yours is actually retro-fitted. I fitted it on your car when Angie owned it. Someone said it couldn't be done and I kind of did it as a challenge. However, fitting it is a major pain in the ass.

Fortunately for me, my first Supra (which I wrote off) had the relevant multi-plugs in the loom which I was able to cut off and use as this car didn't have them. I bought the cruise ECU, column switch, brake pedal switch (required because it's got 2 switch contacts in it - one for the cruise and one for the brake lights) and actuator from a written off GZ spec and spent a week putting it all together. It uses about 4 power supplies and has to have conections to the handbrake, gearbox ECU, instrument panel, brake pedal etc etc. In all there are (from memory) 23 wires from the ECU multi-plug that are necessary to solder into the vehicles wiring loom.

Wouldn't want to do it again really!

It's good to finally know what's actually involved. Thanks. (I won't be bothering with the Toyota one!)