The mkiv Supra Owners Club

My First Supra

Guest redberet2252

Guest redberet2252

Hi Guys, Be gentle with me this is my first Supra (and at 50) man thing, going through change, any way can i have some advice please, my car is a 1993 aero top in silver, good nick,just picked it up and drove back to scotland on Saturday, but my first question is the auto gear knob which has the overdrive button and selector button, the cover is really tatty and coming away is there any company that supplies a new cover for them, also there is no cover on the front grill, where can i get the mesh covers from 1 big 2 small and are they easy to fit??? as im not to good with my hands, heres a pic totally standard apart from wheels 19 inch (not sure about them) comments wellcome any advice on add ons???

Many Thanks David

supra.jpg

Guest redberet2252

Guys, Help me Im trying to buy an air induction kit for my car 93 non turbo, but all i can see on e bay is non turbo to 1992 and twin turbo from 93-onwards, dont want an expensive one just think its a good start also i would like some info on the bars that starddle the engine for stability

Thanks in Advance David

hi again redberet - Ill get in here first.

Stick with the stock airbox if you have it. The aftermarket ones often filter very poorly and dont give you an advantage horsepower wise. Toyota spent a lot of money and R+D getting the airbox right and giving it nice cold air feeds rather than sucking in hot engine air. :) Best bet is getting hold of a TRD (or other) pannel filter. Im sure a trader on here can supply one.

Cheers good advice, whats a pannel filter??? sorry this is all new to me

It's the standard filter that sit's inside an airbox;)

Also the metal bars your on about are strut braces, loads of places do them and it's not really something you can go wrong with.

Hi Guys, Be gentle with me this is my first Supra (and at 50) man thing, going through change, any way can i have some advice please, my car is a 1993 aero top in silver, good nick,just picked it up and drove back to scotland on Saturday, but my first question is the auto gear knob which has the overdrive button and selector button, the cover is really tatty and coming away is there any company that supplies a new cover for them, also there is no cover on the front grill, where can i get the mesh covers from 1 big 2 small and are they easy to fit??? as im not to good with my hands, heres a pic totally standard apart from wheels 19 inch (not sure about them) comments wellcome any advice on add ons???

Many Thanks David

Hello :) Congrats on your new Toy, I hope it will help you bring lots of fun. Mine certainly has. I'm guessing you have already started to enjoy it? :)