The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Big thanks to Chris Wilson

Wez

Hey All,

Just a big thanks to Chris, I have gone from JIC to a custom Bilstein setup. Even without getting it on track I can already feel the difference, looking forward to giving this some stick :thumbs:

The car is also laying down the power much better in 2nd now, time to up the boost to the edge of traction again I think.

Again not used them in real anger yet but the race pads also feel very positive and initial bite seems great.

Yep, 97 compound. One off kit for Wes, gas ports on custom Bilsteins, race settings, custom springs. Could go a good deal stiffer, but the car would need a cage and custom ARB's to work properly then. Would like to run it on the wishbones Nic sells, maybe that'll be an upgrade for the future? Cheers Wes, I am confident you'll see a big difference on track :)

http://www.gatesgarth.com/wes/wes.html

Hi wez, are the pads the 97 compound, if so you wont be dissapointed!

Chris confirmed they are 97 compound, I am impressed so far, really looking forward to giving them some real work to do :thumbs:

97 Compound

This compound was designed as an all-purpose pad where excellent controllability was a priority over ultimate stopping power. Due to its excellent modulation characteristics, this pad has proved very popular with race schools, rallying, and as a rear pad for applications such as touring cars. 97 has the lowest wear of all compounds, typically providing two to three times more life expectancy than competitors. This compound can also dramatically extend disc life.

97 is a medium torque race compound and as a result can provide reduced brake temperatures in situations where poor cooling can result in premature disc failure. 97 has the flattest torque curve of all the Performance Friction compounds. Effective from 167°F and reach 2000°F (75°C, reach 1100°C), 97 uses Performance Friction’s unique lubrication package that maintains a minimal transfer layer on the disc to help prevent brake judder and provide excellent release properties, therefore reducing overall drag in the brake system. 97 is extremely easy on the discs with very low wear.

97 is now being used in Bondurant, Derek Daley, Dale Jarrett Driving Adventure, Panoz, Mid Ohio, and Jim Russell racing schools because of it's long wear vs. performance vs. control and modulation.

http://www.performancefriction.com/pages/compounds.htm

Is that your screamer pipe going back into the the exhaust I see on Chris's photo's ?

AND are those New TRD ARB's ? which, dia are they ?

I was going to ask about the new diff but, with so much work done at once, I guess you can't say how much the diff change you can now feel ?

Looking good ;)

I have been waiting for that ramp to be freed up :0 :D ;)

They are none adjustable, none remote reservoir, but could easily be converted to remote if there was a need. I always shy away from adjustable damping and adjustable ARB's on road cars, as very few people have the time or back up to fiddle with them in any meaningful way. Strictly professionally run race car stuff, IMO. Fiddling with the triple adjustables on my own Skyline resulted in me taking the car to see the Old Hall barriers at Oulton, and I like to think I know what I am doing. It's VERY easy to set a car up into a death trap if you fiddle with things like that :)

Yes.

Is that a standard thing as part of your suspension package ie: along with the re-valved dampers and your own springs? If so then I think that's bloody good value for the money you've quoted on here before for your setup!

Good Work Chris!

Im really trying to find time at the moment to trailer my Kit car up to you but this time of year is just so hard to loose 5 hours to travelling.

Dont suppose your coming down to Oxford soon to catch up with Frasier and would have time to work your magic on my Formula 27.

Ryan