The mkiv Supra Owners Club

I thought Supras were quick?!

Toms Supra

Ok most of you prob dont read Redline and Fastcar but they both come with 2hr Dvds for free. The one with Redline contains alot of supra footage! However, everything they put against the supra blows the supras away! Even by a Fiesta RS Turbo! Ok it was a 2.o zetec conversion but even so! I noticed by watching the dvds the supras seem slow to pull away. Maybe coz they are autos? (Most of them) The Nissan Skyline seems to be a better car. Is it? Its put me off a bit now getting a supra lol! :blink: I thoguht they was quick!

without meaning to sound rude or dismissive to those (i'm sure fine and upstanding) magazines, there's actually a very good reason why we don't read those publications - they're a load of tripe ! pure fodder for young saxo/nova drivers desperate for some kind of misplaced street cred. their upgrades seem to consist of bolting the largest and most ridiculous exhaust pipes, crumbly bodykits and useless shiny bits for the most part. just my 2p :)

:) Must admit I have also got a 300zx and would say the supra is a fair bit quicker especially once up to about 60 mph..as for 0-60 times these are achieved by very experienced drivers and no dis respect but your average driver is very unlikely to get these times...But at the end of the day the Supra is a very very quick car and not a great deal out there to touch it in my opinion.:innocent:

In any media product its important to tailor both the classified and the editorial towards the readership,as such its important to keep you readership onside and show them what they want to see and hear - this way your reader remains faithfull and enjoys picking up your magazine.

Im sure you can all deduce the reason for the fiesta beating the supra in such a magazine if you follow the theory above.This pretty much ties in with what Roy said.

Originally posted by Stu

:) Must admit I have also got a 300zx and would say the supra is a fair bit quicker especially once up to about 60 mph..as for 0-60 times these are achieved by very experienced drivers and no dis respect but your average driver is very unlikely to get these times...But at the end of the day the Supra is a very very quick car and not a great deal out there to touch it in my opinion.:innocent:

I did a timed 5.1 in my auto when it was pretty much stock.

Originally posted by Tom`s Supra

Ok most of you prob dont read Redline and Fastcar but they both come with 2hr Dvds for free. The one with Redline contains alot of supra footage! However, everything they put against the supra blows the supras away! Even by a Fiesta RS Turbo! Ok it was a 2.o zetec conversion but even so! I noticed by watching the dvds the supras seem slow to pull away. Maybe coz they are autos? (Most of them) The Nissan Skyline seems to be a better car. Is it? Its put me off a bit now getting a supra lol! :blink: I thoguht they was quick!

yeah i know what you mean. wished i would have not got mine. they are crap off mark.novas and astras beat me but when i get into drive it starts to go mad at 80mph when turbos kick in.they are crap at street racing.and watch out for the autos they have only got 3 gears and they slow to change gears.

save your money and get a cossie they more reliable that jap crap

Eh? - Steve Cargill.

Must be talking about an aftermarket auto gearbox?

Supras are far from slow. I think 4.9-5.1 is a reasonable 0-60mph time for a stock TT, and a quick glance (pun intended :D) on the SFs would prove their awesome performance on the street and track. From a roll, similarly powered cars like Vettes and Vipers struggle to beat a TT Supra after the Supra pulls in a certain gear. Supras have beaten Hayabusa's, and a 1000bhp Supra has beaten a 1000bhp Viper (because of the power curve of the Sup). Very few cars, on equal factors, manage to beat Supras, on very few occassions. I think the reason why Supras @ TOTB2 got beaten was because of their tune - everything to do with the car, and its properties - power, how the power was achieved (type of turbo, amount of boost, etc).

What is up with monkeyMARK? What he says seems very out of character. I thought he was a Supra enthusiast :stupid: :twak: :blink: :conf: :innocent: