The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Cliffnet S/W for Clifford 600 Alarm - download settings from car?

Pabs

Hey all,

Pete - I expect you'll answer (or at least I hope you will as you seem quite knowledgeable)

I've got the Cliffnet s/w, and interface cable, along with the socket on the dash.

Currently I have no idea what settings are set on the car, and would like to "download" the current config from the car to the laptop in a saved config file.

From what I understand on other threads, am I right in assuming the software doesn't show you the current settings on the car, but the default settings? That'd confuse the hell out of me, as I wouldn't know what was set and what wasn't.

Basically, I think the alarm chirps when locking/unlocking are switched off, and would like to see what it sounds like with them on, and i'd like to see what is set for the proximity sensor, as I can't seem to get it to do anything (but that may be because the chirps are off???)

Cheers folks

I don't want to reset the current settings, as they work well. I wanted to keep them as a backup, so that should any changes I make go t*ts up, I can revert back to the settings as it was without having to start from scratch.

Pete - I expect you'll answer (or at least I hope you will as you seem quite knowledgeable)

Ah - that's someone fooled ;)

I've got the Cliffnet s/w, and interface cable, along with the socket on the dash.

Currently I have no idea what settings are set on the car, and would like to "download" the current config from the car to the laptop in a saved config file.

From what I understand on other threads, am I right in assuming the software doesn't show you the current settings on the car, but the default settings? That'd confuse the hell out of me, as I wouldn't know what was set and what wasn't.

Basically, I think the alarm chirps when locking/unlocking are switched off, and would like to see what it sounds like with them on, and i'd like to see what is set for the proximity sensor, as I can't seem to get it to do anything (but that may be because the chirps are off???)

Cheers folks

The proximity alert is only set by the keyfob (details in the manual available in the download area) and not the software (sadly).

You can import the current settings into the software - it's been a while since I've done it and firing up the software on the laptop just now didn't ring too many bells.

I'm sure it does read the current config on boot up if it's connected correctly.

I'll have to try it again when I get chance and refresh the old grey cells.

thanks mate - yeh I read about the proximity sensor being set by remote only - I don't think I'll want to adjust it TBH - I just want to see if it is actually working. I have set the alarm off by trying to open the door when it's armed, so I know the siren itself works. Just don't get any chirps or anything, so assume they are disabled.

Has anyone got the manual for the cliffnet wizard software???

I've installed it on my laptop, gives me 2 errors when I start it up about com ports but thats because I assume the ports don't exist or are bluetooth connections.

If not - from my understanding the alarm needs to be in valet mode before it works - I've done this (via the remote - does this matter?) and I still can't get it connected. The cable I have looks like it has an extra socket from the box-section that looks like a PSU - does it need one?

Ta folks

Oh - does the ignition need to be on AND the alarm in valet mode?

The s/w gives me: Port available but system not found. I have a cable going from laptop to port on dash - no other connections. The error messages on startup of Cliffnet refer to other com ports - COM2 (registry problem but I assume this is because I don't have a COM2) and COM3 which is the internal bluetooth.

I turned my ignition on, entered the key code and it connected straight away. I'm not sure if the ignition does need to be on or not as it does connect fine when you turn it off, just the alarm needs to be unarmed I think?

The serial port thing comes up if the application doesn't find the clifford alarm.

It downloads the config once it's connected.

Thanks for confirming that mate. I'm wondering if it's got anything to do with going into Valet mode via the remote perhaps...?

I've tried with:

alarm in valet mode, ignition off

alarm disarmed, ignition on

The clifford LED lights up constantly to indicate Valet mode (and flashes indicators twice) so that's all good... I think I need to try and test my serial port on something else, make sure the laptop is configured properly. hmm...

no - using exactly what I got given with the car - clifford cable connected to an adapter. Not a null-modem cable.

I swear in the manual it says it needs to be in valet mode to stop thieves just plugging straight into the alarm???

Hmm..my clifford cable has a male 9 pin, obviously the laptop is also male 9 pin so I needed an adaptor.

As long as it's deactivated that's ok. Besides, when you connect it asks for your code anyway.

Unless our alarm models differ slightly of course.

well, I'm not being prompted for a code, so don't think I'm getting connected. I have a Clifford 600 fitted.

I'm gonna search the house and see if I have any other serial devices I can test with. Sure it was working, but I suppose things can change!

Hmm..my clifford cable has a male 9 pin, obviously the laptop is also male 9 pin so I needed an adaptor.

As long as it's deactivated that's ok. Besides, when you connect it asks for your code anyway.

Unless our alarm models differ slightly of course.

Just to clear things up - my cable does have an adapter on the end - this came pre-attached and was in the glovebox when I got the car from Paul E.

I've got nothing serial to test with here at home - might see if there is anything from work I can borrow tomorrow.

Bump peeps:

I've checked the laptop today, and the COM port (COM2) on the laptop works fine with a 56k modem.

Can anyone confirm that the only lead required is the main Cliffnet lead - mine has a small socket on the cable which looks like a possible power connection, but I have no power cable to attach to it?

It still won't communicate with the alarm.

Cheers

Bump peeps:

I've checked the laptop today, and the COM port (COM2) on the laptop works fine with a 56k modem.

Can anyone confirm that the only lead required is the main Cliffnet lead - mine has a small socket on the cable which looks like a possible power connection, but I have no power cable to attach to it?

It still won't communicate with the alarm.

Cheers

Yup, you only require the alarm to serial lead. I can't understand why yours is giving grief, unless it's the gender adapter which is a problem as I mentioned before.

Rightho folks - I've fixed it :D:D:D

Turns out that once I managed to get my head under the steering wheel and under the dash itself, I could see the cables used to connect to the clifford alarm.

Didn't think about it at the time, but turns out that the socket I have under the dash is an extension socket to the alarm cabling - and the extension had become disconnected from the alarm cable itself. So I reconnected them (quite a loose connection by all accounts, so may use a cable tie to keep it in place) and all is well!

Now - The settings SEEM to download from the car when it's plugged in. However, I am sure that there is at least 1 setting that is wrong - the chirp level is set to SOFT yet when i lock/unlock there are no tones at all. Therefore I don't want to program the alarm with the settings in case something else is incorrect.

Am I right in thinking that upon connection all CURRENT settings are downloaded from the car? or does it just show the default settings?

Thanks! :D