The mkiv Supra Owners Club

The Mot man failed my car.

DodgyRog

:(He failed it for spacing on the number plate, not the size of the number plate.

When I asked he said "the spacing was to close together", so I said "what about the size?" and he just said "yeah it's quite small, but it's the spacing that's the problem".

How picky can you be, so now I have to get my old plate from the bodyshop and stick it over the top of the new one, drive into the Mot station and then drive out and take it off again.

What a total waste of time :taped:f****** arse****:taped:

Sorry rant over

DSC00159.JPG

DSC00149.JPG

scream[1].gif

I wouldn't blame the tester. He's just doing his job and probably saving you a ticket from the cops. I'd even say the font style is a bit iffy. Number plates now have to be set so that they can be read by cops using APNR. Italics and close spacing character like 'I' and '3' so they look like a 'B' is a no-no.

I would of been fine if he had failed on size, but spacing is just daft and yes the font is wrong. I did mean to sort it before I took it in.

The police were looking at my car the other day when I was parked in town, they just said it was nice and had a general look around, never even mentioned the plate.

To be honest every other car down here has private plates that are spaced wrong and the police are pretty good if you are not being a pratt.

If I get tugged for the number plate I will sort it..

What the hell are you whining for? You must be aware that it was was off before you went there. Why didn't you just take your proper plate with you?

Sheesh!

To be honest annoyed with myself as much as anything for not taking my old plate from the bodyshop and switching it over before taking it down.

Sorry just ranting for the sake of it.................I will go and stand in front of the mirror and rant at myself:soap::lol: