The mkiv Supra Owners Club

supra badge

L33

sounds stupid but my supra has been debadged i just put a turbo badge above the right rear light, now have a nice new shiny supra badge on its way but ive noticed the supra badge should be where i have the turbo one.

now do i just put the supra badge on the left side or is that just silly? shal i swap them over? dont want to be the only muppet with the supra badge on the wrong side :)

I used to have a Colt Sapporo turbo that I did some fairly radical engine mods to. It was relatively unknown compared to the prettier and more overtly sporting looking Starion. I stuck diesel badges on the boot lid and front wings. It ran rich on boost, and blew some dark smoke. Got asked LOADS of times at traffic lights "WTF have you done to that diesel?" Much more fun than some bling badges or stickers ;)

Guest Gaz Shaw

Hey ill try and help cos some ppl just dont want to help!

if you want turbo on mate for a point and be proud of havin your 1st TURBO [ i would be] then do so but id keep them the right way round, just make sure it dont mess your paint up if ya take them off! [ nice paint by the way!]

ayway hopr this helps pal!

Guest Gaz Shaw

Yeah mines an N/A thanks but we dont all want turbo bills!!!

And if ya know how to drive ya can beat cars with more power! Proven most days! But then again i can drive mine everyday cos my fuel dont run out my car

Yeah mines an N/A thanks but we dont all want turbo bills!!!

And if ya know how to drive ya can beat cars with more power! Proven most days! But then again i can drive mine everyday cos my fuel dont run out my car

I've never had a turbo bill! Except for the regular oil changes that is.. I presume the non-Supra can go more like 10,000 miles between oil changes? (It's 4,500 on the turbo).

Guest Gaz Shaw

fuel! only turbo car ive known to be good on fuel is my mates 944 turbo! his supra turbo was bad and 300zx tt was bad too, ever since then ive set my mind on N/A's

I presume the non-Supra can go more like 10,000 miles between oil changes? (It's 4,500 on the turbo).

The 'non-supra'.....

I own an N/A and I'm very happy with it but I don't really appreciate that snobbery against N/A's. Most people on this site started with N/A's and I'm sure they were very proud to own such a stunning car.. Then progressing onto a turbo if need be.

Most of my mates think any Auto supra's are 'non-supras' and even tho I prefer manual I'd still argue that they're naieve to think such a stupid thing.

All I'm saying is that the last place I thought I'd be descrimanated against is a supra forum for 'like minded' enthusiasts.

If I have mis-understood your post then I appolagise in advance.

PS. I do not think all turbo cars come with large bills. And I'm under no illusion about the power my N/A produces. I'm just happy to own such a great car and to be a part of such a great bunch of enthusiasts. :D

The 'non-supra'.....

I own an N/A and I'm very happy with it but I don't really appreciate that snobbery against N/A's. Most people on this site started with N/A's and I'm sure they were very proud to own such a stunning car.. Then progressing onto a turbo if need be.

Most of my mates think any Auto supra's are 'non-supras' and even tho I prefer manual I'd still argue that they're naieve to think such a stupid thing.

All I'm saying is that the last place I thought I'd be descrimanated against is a supra forum for 'like minded' enthusiasts.

PS. I do not think all turbo cars come with large bills. And I'm under no illusion about the power my N/A produces. I'm just happy to own such a great car and to be a part of such a great bunch of enthusiasts. :D

As i said dont feed the trolls, N/A ownership here is somtimes hard some but not all TT owners will take the Pi$% endlessly, never worked out why yet. Ive seen had mine called "not a real Surpra" a few times here. There is nothing wrong with my car its just a little BHP challanged.:search:

The 'non-supra'.....

oops. Did I really say non-Supra? I meant non-turbo :D

I know what you mean about the auto too. People who haven't driven them often say "auto?". I had somebody telling me how it was such a shame to have an auto in a car like this.

I genuinely think good auto boxes like the one in the Supra are one of the best inventions ever. I'm constantly amazed and impressed at everything from 1,300rpm street driving/cruising, to the way it goes "BAM!" into the next gear when your foot is hard to the floor.

I own an N/A and I'm very happy with it but I don't really appreciate that snobbery against N/A's.

Snobbery? I call it honesty, the new breed of hot hatches offer NA power in a lighter car, often with improved dynamics, sorry about that.

Most people on this site started with N/A's

Did they?

and I'm sure they were very proud to own such a stunning car..

I can't argue with that, the Supra is a stunning car.

Most of my mates think any Auto supra's are 'non-supras' and even though I prefer manual I'd still argue that they're naive to think such a stupid thing.

Good on you, a lot of people have this hang-up about the auto, it's not like the usual slushy auto boxes they have experienced though. Maybe the auto will gain more respect now that things like DSG are getting more popular?

You aren't being discriminated against, you are just hearing opinions from people, you don't have to agree with them but you might be wrong :)