The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Who is the best bodyshop in the country?

BIG BLUE

Might be worth looking at some of the classic restorers for the metal fab work, if it was me doing it id get the wheels and tyres first so they have something to work with and rd test the car before any spraying starts to make sure there are no clearence issues with the fabricated arches.

There is a nice car that goes to the reading meet sometimes in the summer, blue single turbo with fabricated metal arches and chip foose wheels, the bodywork looks great, might be worth chatting with him, the guys name is Noel.

Might be worth looking at some of the classic restorers for the metal fab work, if it was me doing it id get the wheels and tyres first so they have something to work with and rd test the car before any spraying starts to make sure there are no clearence issues with the fabricated arches.

Thats exactly what others have recommend I do and I would defininately go in that direction.

What splitter/ lip is that?

EXTERIOR MODIFICATIONS:

SIKKENS Gunmetal Metallic Grey Exterior Paint with Blue and Green Pearle Custom Handcrafted Sheet Metal Wide-body Fenders:

3.5” Extension Rear

2.5” Extension Front

BOMEX Front Lip Spoiler - Custom Molded to O.E.M Bumper

VEILSIDE C-1 Side Skirts - Custom Molded

VEILSIDE C-1 Rear Skirts - Custom Molded to Rear Bumper

Custom Toyota Emblems in VEILSIDE Side Skirt Vents

JDM JGTC Carbon Fiber Side Mirrors

C-WEST Carbon Fiber Rear Wing

ARP Custom Canard Plates

SPARCO Racing Fuel Door

STONGARD Custom Transparent Auto Protection

XenonDepot.com 8000K H.I.D Bulbs

Clearcorners.com Custom Taillights

Custom Shaved: Front and Rear Marker Lights, Antenna, Windshield Nozzles, Rear Wiper Arm, Emblems, Fuel Door, and Stock Spoiler Mounts

Mate, sorry I never e-mailed, but the VW guys like Steve Denton of Auto Haus (I think - he used to work at Premier in Northampton) or Greg Howell at Southam Bodies. I've seen Mk4 Golfs from both those guys with arches pulled out quite a bit so they may be able to do similar on the Supra. That guy in Ware - Cross Autos - who did the R32 Skyline might be good too. But classic restorers or VW modifiers are all good bets.

Just thought, the guys at House of Kolor are pretty up on their bodyshops. Next time I speak with them I can get an idea of who they'd use - they deal with all sorts from modifiers to classics.

Cheers Millsy

Look forward to seeing my feature in Redline soon. I will keep you posted on the arches!

• 2 weeks later...

HI we have just bought our first supra and really want to get it re sprayed its silver at the moment but would love it lambo orange can anyone give me some advice as to how much roughly this may cost and where to go and get it done. we are in northampton/leics border... if lambo orange is way too much then poss think along lines of slighlty diff colour perhaps... can anyone help? cheers:d

HI we have just bought our first supra and really want to get it re sprayed its silver at the moment but would love it lambo orange can anyone give me some advice as to how much roughly this may cost and where to go and get it done. we are in northampton/leics border... if lambo orange is way too much then poss think along lines of slighlty diff colour perhaps... can anyone help? cheers:d

Hi Tony and trace

Mine to was silver when i had it resprayed orange i found that the quotes for orange were the same as all other colours providing you went for a standard colour i.e lambo/tvr/lotus as they are normal colours unfortunately i made the mistake of going for the ford electric orange which is a three stage customisable paint i,e i could choose how much gold pearl is in it which makes very difficult to colour match if you ever damage it, 3-4k is a good ball park figure for a quality respray like that which is roughly what gvn quoted that excludes engine bay which is not to much of an issue with it being silver.

Good luck though i may be biased but orange does look good on the soop. Prepare for a lot of attention though and worry where you are going to leave it.

Cheers chris

I would say GVN, really, you dont understand the sort of motors GVN deal with on a daily basis, Porsche, Ferraris, Aston Martins have all been sat there each time I go on, and I know currently they have a two really old motors worth well over 250,000 that they are working on, one is an old Aston Martin DB5 I think he said....;)

Supra's are bottom end shite in comparison to what they work on, but I will give them their due, they treat our cars just as they would any other car they have, after all we are all paying customers.

You will pay a little bit more for their work, but then thats expected and I would rather pay slightly more and know Im getting a level of service that they give ;)

Next time your in Leicester, I'll introduce you to quality painter and sensible price. :)