The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Front bumper - NO FMIC

apoc_reg

I need some advice from you good people

I am ready to get a new bumper (my stock is cracked so keeping it is not an option) and am torn between

Whifbitz

Miami Rice Top secret style

Bomex Fast & furious

on a black car which would you pick?

My big problem is being NA i dont have an FMIC and so need to fill the gap, i am thinking centre mounted number plate with my spot fog lights and mesh a few inches behind

Any opinions would be more then welcome!

Regards

Reg

Originally posted by Roy

my 2p - based on being NA, the bomex cuz it's fussy looking and will cover most of the gap i think. most others expose the gap for the FMIC i believe ?

Roys right here , but make sure you fit some sort of grill !!!:D

Dude:flame Dev

nice idea ad500 id buy one!!!

I agree about the bomex being the best from the point of the gap its just im not sure it will suit my skirts (toyota oem)

hmmm speed cameras!!!!:D

I was actually thinking (with the other two) getting a really close knit grill spraying it black then having a logo sprayed in silver like HKS (nice and simple) but im not sure if i can mount it far back enough as i assume those bumpers dont come in enough

What do you think?

cheers for the responses guys

Originally posted by apoc_reg

nice idea ad500 id buy one!!!

No you wouldnt, thats like people using them plastic discs to cover their rear drums.......

I was actually thinking (with the other two) getting a really close knit grill spraying it black then having a logo sprayed in silver like HKS (nice and simple) but im not sure if i can mount it far back enough as i assume those bumpers dont come in enough

I doubt the logo would last for long, my mesh got ripped after nearly 12 months, new grill in but its starting to take some damage again.......this being due to stones and so forth....

Have a look at this thread for lots of black bomex pics.

Potentially the group buy can still go ahead as long as there is still enough interest - only need 4 people.

I mulled over all your ideas and finally decided that out of all the noses the veilside still looks the best.I was very very close to getting the bomex but decided there was far too much going on at the front for it to look any good - it also seemed not to go with the lines ot the car aswell as some others.

YES veilside is common amongst supras BUT :

how many supras do you see on the road ?

Out of these supras how many are black ?

Out of these supras how many are veilside ?

Not many hey ? Yes in the supra community it may be common at meets etc but looking at the bigger pictures its still a head turner and still looks the dogs dagly bits IMO.

Which kit gives you the biggest road presence ? Veilside again IMO.

Of course each to there own.:flame Dev

B&Q do tons of different grills dude - just make sure you go for variety that is rust proof.

Halfrauds do a similiar grill but a lot more expensive,you get less grill and the only difference is its packaged in a nice ripspeed cardboard container

As for the bumper - I took 2 months deciding which one to go for,after going to various meets I decided on the Veilside(the one which I wanted even before I bought my supra ! lol) well I would advise to see ALL of them in the flash before you make a decision - I was dead set on the bomex until I saw it for real - wow ! what a difference. Just dont rush into it.

Also have you got plans to upgrade to a TT ? If you do it may be more economical to a while for the bodkit and put it on a TT - now im starting to sound like my dad ! (gets coat)

You're wrong dude - Do Luck is by far the better looking on a Supe ;) :p and not that common either ;) :D

My mesh hasn't lasted long - its some weak assed rubbish and has ripped where the metal lugs on the bumper hold it in, bumper off to replace though :(

(the veilside does look good though, magnum have their white one in again! ;))