The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Budget boot build

Blackie

This is my budget boot build,I dont need a boot. All in all it took two days but if i stuck with it

i could of done it in one. I have very limited woodwork skills but managed to do

this by myself.Its foamed and covered in letherette (Like the rear seats) and i am very impressed with the finish and for the price i cant go wrong. Positive and negative comments welcome

Materials cost

Spray glue £2

Foam £7

3/4 sheet of MDF £8

Leatherette £16

Total £33

Obviously theres a days work involved too

If anyones interested i will be posting up the box sizes (I cant remeber them off the top of my head) And if anyones up for having a crack them selfs i will be happy to answer any questions. Sorry, This thread is not as informative as i would of liked.

DISCLAMER

I'm not one to have my car "Banging" through the high street but it makes it sound loads better at low volume and i tend to turn it up on the open road.:)

EDIT: If anyone close enough to me has a go and wants there top foamed and leatherette i will do it for you for the price of materials

20-03-08_1613.jpg

25-03-08_1054.jpg

25-03-08_1436.jpg

25-03-08_1613.jpg

26-03-08_1523.jpg

27-03-08_1802.jpg

27-03-08_1803.jpg

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well impressed mate

:)Who would of thought you could do that:p

But honestly that looks great and on a budget too:cool:

Cheers all. Its all in the finishing Rog, I will say i recover/lower/ re foam motorbike seats so the top was easy to cover (same principal)

That looks really good mate.

I'm trying to build mine at the mo (gettin ideas)

Love the way the tops done

Its got to be the easyest way of doing a boot build, I made a cardboard template of my boot, Masking taped it to a piece of MDF and jigsawed away :)

oww 12's nice, that E-type Euro techno you like so much will sounds awesome ;)(please see NWS if you have no idea)

Lol, I know ;) Best thing about the subs is they were free, I got given them for putting a mates car on ebay.

EDIT 400w rms? That would make them 1200w max power each? Possibly wrong

Guest cj748

Nice job mate.

Nothing quite like standing back and saying "I did that."

Has given me incentive to do similar as i am on tight budget.

Thanks ;)

CJ

Nice job mate.

Nothing quite like standing back and saying "I did that."

Has given me incentive to do similar as i am on tight budget.

Thanks ;)

CJ

It does feel really good, Its my first attempt at "Woodwork". As you can see by the prices its alot cheaper to do than most people think :)

VERY GOOD INDEED ,

Fancy a job ,whats your day rate lol,

Fair play to you at last some one ive found with some imagination to have a go ,its not easy though is it but once you start you get the hang of it like anything else in life ,

Now stop watching BLUE PETER and nicking there ideas HA HA only joking .

VERY IMPRESSED.

I think it looks spot on and for £33 and 1 days work you have saved loads!!! a cheap rate for that is about £300.

One thing i think you could do to make it that little but better is to have the amp sunk in like the subs.

Is it sitting on the spare wheel and foam or is that all removed?

Lew.