The mkiv Supra Owners Club

My spare turbos- photos.. what type?

Firestorm

hey hey!

ok following on from the convo i had at the Midlands Supra meet on sunday with Steve, Ian, Burna, etc bout my spare turbos... here are a few photos of them... given them a clean but they seem fairly good nick to me, im thinking of selling them either on here or Fleabay.. but basically the chap who gave them me said they were from a VVTI Supra.. but then he also said that it would be a straight swap for current turbos, which i have learnt isnt possible. so that being said... all you turbo boffins out there.. please diagnose what they are uk, vvti, stock jspec tubs etc.. i would be most appreciative :D :D :D

thanks

Pete

Thats a bit like asking what day it is

2 replys saying what day it is, and then you bump for another answer anyway

thats like nothing of the sort!!! thats just a stupid thing to say! 2 answers doesnt always make it right. okay so CW said it was jspec but its still not the point. someone else might say differently... so errrr :blink:

Ok Sorry mate

I just had it under the impression that you asked for advice of identifying a set of turbos and probably the most knowledgeable person reply's to your thread and you still questioned it.

And yes they are Jspec turbos, UK/VVTi have different bolt arangement for connection to the manifold.

but basically the chap who gave them me said they were from a VVTI Supra.. but then he also said that it would be a straight swap for current turbos, which i have learnt isnt possible.

J-spec non-VVTi turbos and VVTi turbo are the same fit.