_Shane_

Got another HID kit the other day from none other

than ebays finest :D and all i can say is there is some light

of them bay boys

Both dipped beams and full beams now have HID's fitted

All bought and delivered from less than 100 euros

Just said i would share a few pics with ye

Very very easy kits to install :)

How does it work on your high beams? Thought that would making your flash next to useless cos the bulbs need time to warm up? I did ponder doing that myself

The whole "you cannot use HIDs to flash" thing is a misnomer. Of all the HID kits I've ever used (five), when you first put the lights on they are very bright for a short period of time, then dim, and gradually warm up to full brightness again. So, for a single flash it works fine, a double flash wouldn't be effective. I'm not sure if this affects the lifetime of ballasts or bulbs.

For night time country driving when you are likely to switch between full and dipped beams they work fine too (once warmed up they should function like traditional lights).

Ive no doubt theyd be very effective once warmed in high beams, Ive had HID in mine for a while now and Id never go back to normal bulbs. As I understand it the overall power consumption of HIDs is lower than normal but the initial spike to light them up is much higher, like you said not sure how it would affect the life o f the gear.