The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Help pleazzeee!!!!!

dayosupra

i im ruinng all upgraded to the best quaility spec T88 turbo,86.5 pistons,rods,AEM ecu,264ex and 264in HKS cams with pullies,800cc sard injectors,100mm throttle body with upgraded intake My Question is will 1 Walbro 255lph pump do i always here of twin walbro's do dont quite understand how exactly do the work can any1 sugest what to do or will the 1 walbro do??????

1 pump would suffice, but i have 2 and the majority of the big singles running high power do too, if you had trouble with a single pump you would be in trouble, if you have 2 then you would not;)

I think I was once told the opposite? because if a single system pump fails you loose all power and the engine stops, if you have two pumps and one stops working you may just get a lack of fuel and possible problems with the engine before you notice?

I run two as well BTW

The problem you would have is that most 2 pump systems run on a twin ended fuel rail... Stopping the fuel on one side could starve the injectors furthest away from the feed..

However i havent experianced this failure so I have no preference

I think I was once told the opposite? because if a single system pump fails you loose all power and the engine stops, if you have two pumps and one stops working you may just get a lack of fuel and possible problems with the engine before you notice?

I run two as well BTW

that sounds plausible, i always thought the idea of 2 pumps going all the time was if 1 started to wear down the other would cope, stopping you running lean with just 1 pump not working at 100%, just something i heard but not gospel,

I can understand 1 really good pump is possibily better than 2 though

I run two as well BTW

Hence the reason for monitoring either fuel pressure or current draw monitoring as a safety reason.

The problem you would have is that most 2 pump systems run on a twin ended fuel rail... Stopping the fuel on one side could starve the injectors furthest away from the feed..

One of the primary reasons I feel it is better to install a new single fuel line (larger bore) from the back of the car then y-split it at the rail rather than run two completely seperate feeds onto the fuel rail.

On a T88 you want twin pumps, bigger fuel lines imo to get he most from it, ive read the stock rail flows pretty well so you should be ok with that but your mapper will tell you if you are running out of fuel.

I have learnt a lot about fuel since my car went in in July !

I was running 585BHP on a single pump with stock fuel lines and stock rail with 550 injectors, I would not have been able to raise the power with this set up, it is expensive going to the next level though and should be consisdered when building your car, I have gone to a T67DBB now and have changed to a Ross Racing rail, twin pumps, all new uprated fuel lines from tank to rail, Aeromotive fuel pressure reg and 880cc injectors :)

I have learnt a lot about fuel since my car went in in July !

I was running 585BHP on a single pump with stock fuel lines and stock rail with 550 injectors, I would not have been able to raise the power with this set up, it is expensive going to the next level though and should be consisdered when building your car, I have gone to a T67DBB now and have changed to a Ross Racing rail, twin pumps, all new uprated fuel lines from tank to rail, Aeromotive fuel pressure reg and 880cc injectors :)

Single large fuel line? what rail are you using?