The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Ballpark figure for body parts

Rob Dublin

Considering buying a crashed Supra. Just looking for a ballpark figure from some of the wise heads on here on what parts might cost. Minus fitting and spraying.

What would be needed: (all driver's side)

Door

Rear 1/4 panel

Sill/skirt

Front wing

Front bumper

Rear bumper

Bonnet.

Thanks all.

I've bought or enquired about most of those items. The delivery costs normally raise the price a fair bit. The condition and colour also affect price.

I bought a complete door in silver 199(minus glass, doorcard, inner handle) for £160 delivered. I've seen them cheaper on this forum. This was in a specified colour, and condition was quite good - until it was damaged in transit. :rolleyes:

I bought a J-spec bonnet for £27 and collected. Mint in standard early red.

I've seen rear bumpers available for £30 plus delivery (£30+).

I've seen front bumpers available for £40+ plus delivery(£30+).

Front wings can be had for less than £100 if you are willing to wait.

I'm not sure on rear quarters - I'm thinking it may be a bit more pricey.

So, if you are willing to wait, and are not fussy on colour many bargains can be had. A breaker/trader might give you bulk discount. Fleabay is a good source for most parts.

I would have thought with prices being where they are it would be uneconomical to buy a crashed car now and repair unless it was dirt cheap and then you have the stigma of it being a Cat recorded car? and we all know how hard they can be to sell and insure ?

"dirt cheap" I'm hoping so. Not recorded as far as I know and damage is only cosmetic.

Cheers Lukeyboy, wouldn't be in too a rush for parts but I'm in Dublin so picking up parts isn't as easy as it is across the pond. Also don't want it taking too long with summer approaching.