The mkiv Supra Owners Club

6spd Aerotops?

R3DG3CKO ROB

I'm just curious as to how many 6spd TT Aerotops there are in the UK?

I'm aware of a few big singles but the only 6spd TT I know of in the uk is Jezz's old one...?

Twin Turbos - 6 Spd

1) MrDriver - 6 speed - Aerotop - (Belgium)

2) THE PUNISHER - 6 speed - Aerotop

3) pauld36 - 6 speed - Aerotop

Single Turbos - 6 Spd

1) captainchaos - 6 speed - Aerotop

2) Supradibbs - 6 speed - Aerotop

3) Chunk - 6 speed - Aerotop

NA - 5 Spd

1) Jody T - 5 speed - Aerotop

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Matt

I was gonna try and keep this list for 6spd Aerotop conversions tbh we could start another list?

Rob

I think Matt meant split up your list as follows:

Aerotop manual cars....

Pre-Facelift:

-TT

-T

Facelift:

-TT

-T

...though as Pabs has suggested, you might run into some 5-speed conversions and seperating those from the 6-speeds might also be useful?

We could just add "Facelift" or "pre facelift" to this list? That way it would remain 6spd only?

Although how would we clasify Facelift Aeros sinnce they never made one? we'd have to make a check list of things to replace on non facelift cars... front lights, rear lights, wings, dials etc. ?

Although how would we clasify Facelift Aeros sinnce they never made one? we'd have to make a check list of things to replace on non facelift cars... front lights, rear lights, wings, dials etc. ?

They certainly did, up until 1998, just no turbo models, i've got one, SZ aerotop, 98, well the shell and facelift bits and bobs it came with :)

Personally i dont know what the fuss is with having a 6 speed, its a preference thing. Doesnt automatically make the car so much better, i'm an auto fan myself, horses for courses.

oh and i think you do need to split up facelift and prefacelift, because your ultimate rareity (which as far as i know) hasnt been done yet, would be your facelift single 6 speed aerotop

P.s, i've noticed your other "comprehensive 5speed aerotop" list... theres one car, do you really need two threads for something thats going to have very little information in, i mean it aint going to be a mine field. Far easier to just combine it all into the one specific thread (location) for people to refer to, instead of trawling around between threads.

Not a critism btw, just something i thought would be a little more effective?

fair points matt, i've added the 5spd to this thread...

Nothing wrong with the autobox (I've got one and it's awesome) I was just curious as to how many people have done Aero conversions as I'm looking into it as I fancy a change :)

What exactly would you have to do to change a non facelift into a facelift then? Obvious stuff like dials and indicators would need changing but were there significant mechanical and engine changes to J-Spec cars post 96?

fair points matt, i've added the 5spd to this thread...

Nothing wrong with the autobox (I've got one and it's awesome) I was just curious as to how many people have done Aero conversions as I'm looking into it as I fancy a change :)

What exactly would you have to do to change a non facelift into a facelift then? Obvious stuff like dials and indicators would need changing but were there significant mechanical and engine changes to J-Spec cars post 96?

I.m not 100% sure, it all depends on what you are sticking in i suppose, i put a pre-facelift TT engine in, so therefore needed the TT wiring loom. I'm using the pre-facelift clocks for the time being to get everything back on the road, but i will be changing over to the facelift arrangement in the future.... And Rob Wild said he would have a go at fitting and mateing it to the TT loom so cant be that hard :hide:............... only messing bud (if you read this!! :p :D )

• 4 years later...