The mkiv Supra Owners Club

any one running 19's?

Guest rhd_2jz

Guest rhd_2jz

Not real sure if this is the correct place for this post but...Heres what i got, koni adjustables and the eibach pro kit.. my question is any one running 19's on this or similar setup and what did you have to do to make it work if anything!.. i would like to run a 19x8.5 or 9 up front and 19x10.5 in the rear with the right offsets..Thanks in advance for the help guys:thumbs:

Guest rhd_2jz

Well i originally wanted to run 18's but am running into the issue of not finding wheels wide enough for the rear.... only finding 8.5 or maybe 9

Hello. :)

I've got 19's and I don't have any problems at all.

Well i originally wanted to run 18's but am running into the issue of not finding wheels wide enough for the rear.... only finding 8.5 or maybe 9

I'm taking you've already looked on supraforums.com?

If you want to find fellow Supra owners with wide wheels then there isn't a better place to look.

handling will be far from perfect, you would possibly need to roll the arches to stop any rubbing on the tyres;) loads of people are running with 19"

When you fit larger wheels the aim is to keep the tyre diameter more or less the same as stock by reducing the sidewall height and therefore fitting 19's won't give any more problems than 18's if you make sure you select the correct offsets and tyre sizes.

My 19's are fine for normal daily driving. You get some tramling and the ride is a little bumpier but I can live with that. The worst bit of having 19s for me is that you cant corner as fast.

If you do go for 19s get a good geo/4 wheel alignment done. This should improve the handling. As I said though Im happy enough with mine but if you want a better spirited drive I'd go no bigger than 18s personally as they are a good compromise between looks and handling.

Whats your budget and what style of wheel are you looking for? You should be able to find a set of 18 x 8.5 and 18 x 9.5 for around £1300, such as Rota GTR's:)