PDA

View Full Version : Blitz Nur Spec fitting.

Rob_B
26-11-03, 13:21
Hi All,

Quick question.

Do you need any gaskets etc when fitting a Nur Spec ? Or is it just a bolt on jobby ?

Ta,
Rob.

michael
26-11-03, 13:34
You need gaskets.

Rob_B
26-11-03, 14:32
Do I need 2 gaskets ? One for connecting the two parts of the Nur together and another for connecting it to the existing system ? Does anyone know which gaskets these are or is there only one type ?

Ta,
Rob.:stupid:

michael
26-11-03, 14:38
Originally posted by Rob_B
Do I need 2 gaskets ? One for connecting the two parts of the Nur together and another for connecting it to the existing system ? Does anyone know which gaskets these are or is there only one type ?

Ta,
Rob.:stupid:

Yes you'll need two, one for each join.

I bought mine from Chris Wilson - apparently they were HKS gaskets at about £8.00 each - having seen them I couldn't really see anything fancy about them (or HKS markings) so if I was doing it again I'd probably just visit a local motor factor. A lot of newer cars have quite large bore systems.

Matt Harwood
26-11-03, 16:24
I'm not sure you'll find a gasket on the shelf that'll fit the Nur-spec. I can't remember for certain, but I think it's either 3" or 4" hole!

michael
26-11-03, 16:35
Originally posted by Matt Harwood
I'm not sure you'll find a gasket on the shelf that'll fit the Nur-spec. I can't remember for certain, but I think it's either 3" or 4" hole!

Big vans, lorries, aeroplanes... ;)

If all else fails Mr Wilson can sort you out at a price.

Need4Speed
26-11-03, 17:37
If you've bought a new Nür, it comes with the gaskets.

SkyJawa
26-11-03, 18:44
Pop to an exhaust place and borrow some of their liquid gasket ;)

Rob_B
26-11-03, 21:51
John..

One word.. D'OH !! Just found em !!.. Cheers :)

Rob. :stupid: