The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Going Single!

Daston

After being convinced by my girlfriend I am now going single!

So far the shopping list consits of

PHR Street Turbo Kit

Greddy 3 Row FMIC

Sard 660cc Injectors

Walbro Fuel Pump

Fluidine Ally Rad

Electric Fan Kit

Greddy Oil Catch Tank

PHR Modified Oil Pump

Not sure what ECU to go for was thinking

PHR MAP ECU II

However would something like a Greddy Emanage to the job?

Can people please let me know if I have missed anything?

After being convinced by my girlfriend I am now going single!

So far the shopping list consits of

PHR Street Turbo Kit

Greddy 3 Row FMIC

Sard 660cc Injectors

Walbro Fuel Pump

Fluidine Ally Rad

Electric Fan Kit

Greddy Oil Catch Tank

PHR Modified Oil Pump

Not sure what ECU to go for was thinking

PHR MAP ECU II

However would something like a Greddy Emanage to the job?

Can people please let me know if I have missed anything?

From my experience I would say pick the ECU that your mapper is good at using. Two popular ones seem to be the AEM and the MoTeC M600 (I would have gone for the later but Paul @ WhifBitz had more experience with the former).

Mmm ... my g/f tries to tell me to get new kitchens and bathrooms not singles! Where am I going wrong?! ;-)

Fluidine Ally Rad-no need if yours is ok

Electric Fan Kit-no need, stock is fine

I'd say a new rad is sensible mate when getting all the other bits shipped over at the same time. You know if he doesn't the minute he warms the car up for the first time the plastic will pop on the stock one :D Sods law ain't it?

I agree about the fan kit though.

Check to see if the kit includes the exhaust manifold and all other gaskets required.

Check that the iC pipe will fit a RHD Supra (mine didn't and needed cutting and welding).

I'd personally use the stock viscous fan.

I'd fit an OEM oil pump.

I'd budget for a replacement clutch, as the stock one may not last too long with the increased power

Gauges - Boost, EGT, AFR, Fuel Pressure

Boost Controller - unless you want to run the boost simply off the wastegate spring

Oil, Filter, coolant.

Plugs - Budget for 2 sets as you may end up fouling one set whilst mapping.

Timing belt & tensioner - if they have not already been replaced, I'd take the opportunity to fit new ones.

Oil Cooler

Heat wrap and ties for the manifold and downpipe, plus some reflective heat resistant material where needed.

Turbo blanket

BOV & weld on flange

RLTC - optional, but highly recommend with single turbo.

Whichever ECU you decide on, don't forget to budget for the various sensors and harnesses needed also.

Since your are 6 speed you have some great options for ECU, I would go full standalone. If you choose AEM you will also need a map sensor and DLI, the link doesnt require a DLI and I think it might have a MAP built in. Ask your mapper what he would recommend ;)

As for boost control you could use the ECU to control it using a MAC valve, depending on your ECU choice.

You will also need an uprated clutch, the street kits can generate 500ft/lbs when setup properly and the stock unit wont like that.

The stock fan flows far more air than any of the electrics, why change it?

Are the SARD injectors direct drop ins, if I was building mine again I would change my injectors from 650cc to 800cc just to give a little more head room, the PE injectors work well in the stock rail.

Are the SARD injectors direct drop ins, if I was building mine again I would change my injectors from 650cc to 800cc just to give a little more head room, the PE injectors work well in the stock rail.

Agree I'd go with Power Enterprise injectors, read a few things about the SARD's not having good spray pattern characteristics.

Thanks for the replys guys

Wow didnt think there would be this much to it lol.

My Rad is in good shape so I could use the money that I was going to spend on say a PHR Stage 1 fuel setup?

I have no idea who I am going to get to map the car as I am all the way down in somerset I am quite far away from any of the big tuners so it would be a case of getting the car shipped to them or am I able to drive it off boost safly or on a base map?

I have no idea who I am going to get to map the car as I am all the way down in somerset I am quite far away from any of the big tuners so it would be a case of getting the car shipped to them or am I able to drive it off boost safly or on a base map?

Most mappers will travel matey ;)

I have noticed the HKS DLI is not required at these hp levels either. I'm running 2.0 bar on a 67mm without issues. As long as your coilpacks are in good shape and the plugs are gapped properly the DLI is NOT required at these hp levels.

They are if you run an AEM which converts the ignition to wasted spark ;)

You cant run the stock tubbies past .8bar without a DLI on an AEM let alone a single.

Also whats the evidence to go with a T04Z turbo rather than a GT35R or even a Precision turbo? HKS rates the t04Z at almost 1500GBP and the GT35R is literally HALF that and the Precision equivalent is a tad less than that.

I would advise on more than just drop in injectors, you seem to be wanting to go about this the right way, go with a full fuel system. uprated fuel rail, pumps...etc. So many folks spend tons of money on doing the single setup, they really lack on the fuel department.

They are if you run an AEM which converts the ignition to wasted spark ;)

You cant run the stock tubbies past .8bar without a DLI on an AEM let alone a single.

Probably a true statement on the AEM with DLI but what about the other piggyback? Is it required with them? I'm running VPC/SAFC setup so i should have stated that as well.

i guess it depends on what ECU system he goes with whether he truely needs HKS DLI or not.

Good info in this thread!