The mkiv Supra Owners Club

CR@P on wind screen remover?

V

HELP

Now its been raining for the past month here (4 days then) my wind screen has some dodgy gunk on it which is driving me mad not to mention safety. (could be tree sap i dunno)

When the blades wipe it leaves a sort of random splatter pattern which is smeary.

If the screen is bone dry or really wet you cant see or feel it, just when you use your wipers.

I’ve tried new wiper blades (organic & silicone), 3 different glass cleaners, meths, and lastly rain-X (which I love).

The rain-X has helped but its still on there. I’ve even tried one of those sponges with the ruff bit on one side (what ever there called:stupid: ) on a bit of the glass but still jack nothing.:mad:

HELP!!!

Anyone with some kind of industrial sh1t remover idea – its driving me insane. I hate dirty wind screens, especially mine when I cant see out of it.

Looks like there could be a large stone coming my way:innocent:

Regards

Stephen

Originally posted by Gaz Walker

You've tried Meths - I was going to say Pure alchohol, white spirit - that stuff.

Its what Art Galleries clean glass with, normally works a treat.

Gaz.

Dont mean to challenge or disprove you Gaz, but never use white spirit, its oil based and will leave a worse mess than before, meths is much more refined.

If you can get hold of it, use Isopropyl Alcohol, it comes normally in an aerosol can, that will remove it if it can be removed, its pure alcohol and will evaporate really quickly so move fast!

Originally posted by 400BHP

Dont mean to challenge or disprove you Gaz, but never use white spirit, its oil based and will leave a worse mess than before, meths is much more refined.

If you can get hold of it, use Isopropyl Alcohol, it comes normally in an aerosol can, that will remove it if it can be removed, its pure alcohol and will evaporate really quickly so move fast!

Bugger, thats what I meant. Thanks Chris.

Gaz.

Cheers guys.

I work for a big architectural glazing company (we did bluewater shopping village, centre parcs & stuff) so we use all sorts of stuff - none of them will shift it.

The roads round here has always got stones on them:innocent: :innocent: :innocent: .....

Regards

Stephen V