The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Older than reg'd??

Robzki

hi all

I have a jspec tt auto which is on an N-plate but the vin no is 0011000 'roughly' which makes it manufactured in sept '93 is this normal on imported cars??

makes no difference to me tbh, It can be built in any yr and any month as long as its not built on either a friday afternoon or a monday morning..... ;)

hi all

I have a jspec tt auto which is on an N-plate but the vin no is 0011000 'roughly' which makes it manufactured in sept '93 is this normal on imported cars??

makes no difference to me tbh, It can be built in any yr and any month as long as its not built on either a friday afternoon or a monday morning..... ;)

yeah its normal mine was also on a n and its dec 93

hi all

It's not a facelift is it (chassis number starts with a '1' ?). A 001100 places it as an Oct-93 car.

If it's not a facelift then it's more than likely an error by DVLA where they've issued a reg plate based on it's registration date rather than manufacture date. It was a common problem a few years ago.

lol your such a d!ck!!

That's a bit harsh isn't it? I know you are one of those people who had a '93 car and tried to convince yourself (and others) that it wasn't, but you're not the only one. It's fine telling yourself that, but it's another story if you plan to sell the car on as a '96 car.

That's a bit harsh isn't it? I know you are one of those people who had a '93 car and tried to convince yourself (and others) that it wasn't, but you're not the only one. It's fine telling yourself that, but it's another story if you plan to sell the car on as a '96 car.

The only time i read anything of yours its having a dig about something to do with the my P reg supra.

Whether it was or wasnt a 96, i dont know, i've not tried to convince anyone of anything, people just say stuff (like you) and i just shrug it of and dont bother responding, i could care less what year is was made, its just you blabbing on constantly its finally worn thin. Then you have the cheek to say that I tried to convince people!! muppet

93? how do you know what year it was anyway?

The only time i read anything of yours its having a dig about something to do with the my P reg supra.

Whether it was or wasnt a 96, i dont know, i've not tried to convince anyone of anything, people just say stuff (like you) and i just shrug it of and dont bother responding, i could care less what year is was made, its just you blabbing on constantly its finally worn thin. Then you have the cheek to say that I tried to convince people!! muppet

Care to show me when I mentioned it before? I asked once in the past, "how come your car is a P reg but isn't facelifted?", and you gave some weird story.

93? how do you know what year it was anyway?

When I asked, you know - that one time, I had PMs from people who told me they'd checked your VIN number out and it comes back as '93, and that you're very touchy on the subject.

I haven't said anything since. It's you who's just piped up now. How I have been "constantly babbling" on about it then I don't know.

And this:

"The only time i read anything of yours its having a dig about something to do with the my P reg supra."
Is just ridiculous. I have about 7,500 posts on here and I estimate 1 post asking about your P-reg Supra, and this one, where you brought yourself into it.

It's a well known fact that in the past, the DVLA had made a habit of mistakenly registering grey imports by their import-date rather than the manufactured date, and it's obvious both your's and the OPs cars are examples of such.

It's you who has an issue with it, not me. You're just deluded and obviously are very touchy about it.

Care to show me when I mentioned it before? I asked once in the past, "how come your car is a P reg but isn't facelifted?", and you gave some weird story. - what the hell are you on about?! weird story? enlighten me on this story? F sake

When I asked, you know - that one time, I had PMs from people who told me they'd checked your VIN number out and it comes back as '93, and that you're very touchy on the subject.

I haven't said anything since. It's you who's just piped up now. How I have been "constantly babbling" on about it then I don't know.

And this: Is just ridiculous. I have about 7,500 posts on here and I estimate 1 post asking about your P-reg Supra, and this one, where you brought yourself into it. - full of sh!t

It's a well known fact that in the past, the DVLA had made a habit of mistakenly registering grey imports by their import-date rather than the manufactured date, and it's obvious both yours and the OPs cars are examples of such.

It's you who has an issue with it, not me. You're just deluded and obviously are very touchy about it.

I'm touchy at you going on!!! at the meets, on my threads.... dont try and bull your way out, you know you are always harping on, sly comments here and there. I'm not going to traul through past threads finding proof of the matter, you know full well, you have even gone to the length of noting down my VIN number at some point in the past to check it out "yeah someone PM'd me :rolleyes:"

I'm touchy at you going on!!! at the meets, on my threads.... dont try and bull your way out, you know you are always harping on, sly comments here and there. I'm not going to traul through past threads finding proof of the matter, you know full well, you have even gone to the length of noting down my VIN number at some point in the past to check it out "yeah someone PM'd me :rolleyes:"

Deary me. I never even noticed at a meet. I've only seen you a couple of times as Mascrat anyway, and I've only been a few times. I still have the PM dated "16-10-07, 20:42" from the person who told me.

You'll probably find that that's something like 10 minutes after that one post where I asked "how come no facelift?". I probably haven't been to a meet since either.

That's it. Nothing more, nothing less. No meets, no other posts from me. You're acting seriously odd buddy.

Deary me. I never even noticed at a meet. I've only seen you a couple of times as Mascrat anyway, and I've only been a few times. I still have the PM dated "16-10-07, 20:42" from the person who told me.

You'll probably find that that's something like 10 minutes after that one post where I asked "how come no facelift?". I probably haven't been to a meet since either.

That's it. Nothing more, nothing less. No meets, no other posts from me. You're acting seriously odd buddy.

Heres one i remember from not too long ago when i crashed my car, cant belive you're denying the jibes, why do you think i'm cheesed of?! because you said something only once!?!? :rolleyes:

"Look on the bright side buddy - at least you'll be able to get an actual proper 96/97 car this time!!"

And wheres my wierd story in there?!

say what you like mate...........

Heres one i remember from not too long ago when i crashed my car, cant belive you're denying the jibes, why do you think i'm cheesed of?! because you said something only once!?!? :rolleyes:

"Look on the bright side buddy - at least you'll be able to get an actual proper 96/97 car this time!!"

And wheres my wierd story in there?!

say what you like mate...........

You're right actually, I did post that as well!

So I asked the question once, then I attempted to wind you up about it once (you did say you'd written the car off..), and now you're flying off the handle like it's all I go on about.

But it's good that you've brought it up like this, because it wouldn't be right if you were to try to sell on your car as a 96/97 when it's a '93 car, that's all. There are a few people in this thread who say things like "yeah, mines a W reg, but its' a '96", or "mines an N but it's a december '93". Not sure what your issue is.

It doesn't bother me half as much as you seem to think it does, but I have to admit that I am a bit bothered by your insistence that your car is something it's not, only because I can't understand why you'd be deluding yourself like this if it wasn't for reasons of resale value, in which case you're no better than someone who was denying swapping their odo and advertising false miles, for example.

If you really think I am totally obsessed, and I looked up your VIN, and that I harass you at the meets that I don't go to etc, then you're welcome to complain to a mod, who would be more than welcome to check the existence of the PM I mentioned, although I would not want the senders name revealed because this is obviously a really big issue for you.

You're right actually, I did post that as well!

So I asked the question once, then I attempted to wind you up about it once (you did say you'd written the car off..), and now you're flying off the handle like it's all I go on about.

But it's good that you've brought it up like this, because it wouldn't be right if you were to try to sell on your car as a 96/97 when it's a '93 car, that's all. There are a few people in this thread who say things like "yeah, mines a W reg, but its' a '96", or "mines an N but it's a december '93". Not sure what your issue is.

It doesn't bother me half as much as you seem to think it does, but I have to admit that I am a bit bothered by your insistence that your car is something it's not, only because I can't understand why you'd be deluding yourself like this if it wasn't for reasons of resale value, in which case you're no better than someone who was denying swapping their odo and advertising false miles, for example.

If you really think I am totally obsessed, and I looked up your VIN, and that I harass you at the meets that I don't go to etc, then you're welcome to complain to a mod, who would be more than welcome to check the existence of the PM I mentioned, although I would not want the senders name revealed because this is obviously a really big issue for you.

christ sake, nothing pisses me more than stupidity, where have i insisted anything?!?! Why would i have an issue? the cars gone, never comeing back, 93, 94, 95, 96, 2008.. it doesnt matter, the point is you have always been having a sly dig here and there, deny it all you want, your presence at Mascrat was quite prominent way before those dates, back in 2006/07

Harrasement lol, you were like a dog with a bone, that needed putting down.

Anyway i'm leaving work now so you can stop pushing my buttons for a while

christ sake, nothing pisses me more than stupidity, where have i insisted anything?!?! Why would i have an issue? the cars gone, never comeing back, 93, 94, 95, 96, 2008.. it doesnt matter, the point is you have always been having a sly dig here and there, deny it all you want, your presence at Mascrat was quite prominent way before those dates, back in 2006/07

Harrasement lol, you were like a dog with a bone, that needed putting down.

Anyway i'm leaving work now so you can stop pushing my buttons for a while

No mate, you're talking rubbish. You seem to have just picked me as the culprit, when it's obvious that others were getting at you about it. Perhaps you have me mixed up with someone else from Mascrat. It was people (one person mentioning another) from Mascrat who sent me the PM when I asked you the question about facelift. Those people had took down your VIN and checked it out. I knew nothing of it and I had never even pondered the question until the point when I asked you in that thread.

I've probably been to Mascrat no more than four times in my entire life. Two or three times in the UK car, and I think only once in the grey one. It's pleasing to know that you still consider my presence prominent though, for the few times I was there.

As you said, the car was written off, so I figured my little dig that time about "getting a proper 96/97 car ;)" wouldn't have bothered you and might have even turned around some honesty. Since you've exploded like a little pansy tantrum girl I can see you're still very easily bothered by the subject.

I'm just all the more confused as to why though now, and had begun to think that the car wasn't written off after all.