The mkiv Supra Owners Club

speeding tickets

stingjay

hi whilst taking my stepson to a rally day last weekend ,i managed to get caught on camera twice (going there ,and coming back) doing 66 and 77 in a 50. these are my first speeding tickets but i have had 2 intention to prosecute letters, does this mean i am going to court. have been told that 77 can be a ban, any advice cheers j

I dont think 77 is an automatic ban so dont worry about that...

Maybe check when the speed cameras were last configured, they have to be done every so often to ensure accuracy. If they have not been done as scheduled then the evidence shouldnt stand up mate?

77 is not a ban but if you have to go to court for both offences its a possibility because its showing your not paying attention!

i got caught doing doing 60 odd in a 50 - 3 points, 78 in a 50, went to court and at the time i was only allowed 6 points so used the need licence for work story and just got a 2 week ban, then got caught doing 56 in a 30 and got 6 points but because it was so close to changing to a 60 limit and was fields either side they gave me 6 points. i took pics of the area to court to show it wasnt a 30 built up area and he said if i didnt do that they would of taken my licence.

sad to say tho goig to court aint a great thing because its never a fair trial, every one gets different punishments depending on the mood of the judge! i know some people who went to court for the same speeds i have and got differernt punishments!

Get a tom tom or a road angle then find a road that you can do the same speed and write down the speed shown from the satellite as it is more acurate you might find that in your car at 60mph is infact 50 - 55, then that way you can show your true speed which maybe a bit lower.

Lew.

77 is not a ban but if you have to go to court for both offences its a possibility because its showing your not paying attention!

i got caught doing doing 60 odd in a 50 - 3 points, 78 in a 50, went to court and at the time i was only allowed 6 points so used the need licence for work story and just got a 2 week ban, then got caught doing 56 in a 30 and got 6 points but because it was so close to changing to a 60 limit and was fields either side they gave me 6 points. i took pics of the area to court to show it wasnt a 30 built up area and he said if i didnt do that they would of taken my licence.

sad to say tho goig to court aint a great thing because its never a fair trial, every one gets different punishments depending on the mood of the judge! i know some people who went to court for the same speeds i have and got differernt punishments!

Have you heard of a thing called a learning curve?? ;)

Guest lynwright

You need to ask to see the photo and see if you can be detected as being the driver. By law they have to send you the photo. Good luck mate.

Have you heard of a thing called a learning curve?? ;)

believe it or not the 1st two times was rushin to a hospital so i didnt give a monkeys at the time, and it was a mobile van so didnt see, the 3rd time i was late for a funeral and he caught me just after i overtook some 1, didnt see him til i drove past!

i dont break limits n e more! need my licence!

o and as for the pic, it dont really matter cuz if u cant see him driving it wil only be some one else to blame! some one has to take the points as the reg has been caught unless the pic doesnt show your whole plate you can say it wasnt your car! my mate got away with that! a bird covered the 1st few letters and he got away with it! but some times it better to take it then try to push your luck with a judge and piss him off or else he wil be harder on you!

I was going to say...but mmm, can't be bothered :rolleyes:

You need to ask to see the photo and see if you can be detected as being the driver. By law they have to send you the photo. Good luck mate.

Only if you request a court hearing. The prosecution is under no obligation to provide photographic evidence if you elect to have your offence dealt with by means of fixed penalty.

To answer the original OP's question, you have received two NIP's because you committed two speeding offences. It doesn't mean at this stage that you will go to court, all it means is that car is alleged to have committed an offence, and you as the registered keeper of the vehilce have to identify the driver within the specified period on the NIP. Once you have responded, then a decision will be taken on how to deal with you.