The mkiv Supra Owners Club

What is it with little kids and supras?

The Raven

When i got mine i assumed i would it would be more teenagers looking on and taking notice, The F & F crowd

However it seems to be kids aged 10 to 14? that are in awe of my car, prime example was yesterday as i allowed a BMW M3 to pass ;) The kid sitting next to his dad was proper pressed up against the window in an effort to see. Even the Mrs was laughing at the mite.

When i pick my sisters little boy up from school the supra gets tons of remarks and bless them, they never heard of an N/A

Playstation to blame? or is the Supra shape that good that they think its stupidly quick and brand new?

LOL, I have said this before I get this everyday in my Village when I pass the local primary school at picking up time. All the little boys wet themselves in excitement and I get :thumbs: and waves from them in the street.

My 15 year old Daughter finds it highly embarrassing but I think it's funny as hell.

no matter where i go people of all ages turn and look, even at traffic lights people look across and mouth nice car and put there thumbs up! was the same in my old silver one too so its not just the colour of my car, every one loves supras!

funniest when you pass a mini buss or some thing simular and every one presses there faces up to one side of the bus just to see :)

i find little kids love the car too.. in a good way, bored people at bus stops. 60% of the time, they look every time.

I take it these cars roar a lot even with all stock exhaust & filter etc cause i cant hear anything when its sitting ticking over stood outside, but people turn round before ive gotten within 15 meters of them doing 40mph, either that or its making horrible mechanical damage noises :D

i find little kids love the car too.. in a good way, bored people at bus stops. 60% of the time, they look every time.

I take it these cars roar a lot even with all stock exhaust & filter etc cause i cant hear anything when its sitting ticking over stood outside, but people turn round before ive gotten within 15 meters of them doing 40mph, either that or its making horrible mechanical damage noises :D

I get that with Grannies they jump out the way even when I approach doing 30 lol.

I was told this my a ex supra owner i know, she said that you will find that young kids always look at the supra becasue, if you ask a kid to draw a sports car they always draw a long bonnet, coupe, fast back style that looks like the outline of a supra, so to most kids its there child hood dream car, like allot of kids start off loving porsche because of there shape.

Weather or not it is true, but i find it believable.

Lew.

I was told this my a ex supra owner i know, she said that you will find that young kids always look at the supra becasue, if you ask a kid to draw a sports car they always draw a long bonnet, coupe, fast back style that looks like the outline of a supra, so to most kids its there child hood dream car, like allot of kids start off loving porsche because of there shape.

Weather or not it is true, but i find it believable.

Lew.

Hmmm maybe the first car i ever wanted was a 911 i have no idea why, Supra was fallen in love with when i saw one back in 95 i think

start of loving porsche, then grow up and learn there just over priced slow mobiles :) i love humiliating people with them, look down there nose at you thinkin there car is the best thing ever cuz they are so expensive and then they get smoked off the lights for some thing a quarter of the price!

Guest Gaz Shaw

Its like a toy car to them! kids love them but most bmw drivers hate them and try it on, infact most men with a high paid job who got a £16k to £25k 20L diesel LOL:d:d

Guest lynwright

You are right mate. They always shout at me 'Nice Car' i feel embarrassed cos i am so old. did i mention that before. Like 52 i should know better. Could not afford it before though.

I parked in Asda in Stevenage the other day. What is that racing driver, doh, whats his name, oh yer, Lewis Hamilton. Dare i say i parked in his allotted parking space. Silly me. Well i am old and prob got alsheimer coming shortly. When i came out of Asda i had a big crowd round the car. They did say i thought it was Lewis Hamilton's car. Fraid not i said. Nice car they said. I drove off as quick as i could embarrassed. Almost forgot to put my zimmer frame in the boot!!!!!

One comment I'll always remember is when I let two little kids approx 8yrs old & there mum across the road & one boy just stood there with his mouth open saying "its so shinny" lol & the other went "mum look thats the car from my playstation" :D

So I guess the playstation it is! :D

Guest Gaz Shaw

nothin wrong havin a supra at any age! just older ppl who pay lots of cash for merc or bmw etc but only a 20L or somet daft!!!

Glad you got one! got any pics of it yet Lyn?