The mkiv Supra Owners Club

FMIC choice?

flyby

well i cant affot a GREDDY at the moment.

So what product should i go for?

xs-power kit a £300

300 X 600 X 100

Autobahn88 kit £295

300 X 600 X 90

2fast2cool kit at £225

298 X 600 X 76

Thay all promise that it is ass goos ass HKS :p

"1050cfm @ 0.5 psi Drop"

"Capable of Handling Up To 600BHP"

"cores autobahn88 use are tube and fin, the exact same as HKS"

:search:

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

well i cant affot a GREDDY at the moment.

So what product should i go for?

xs-power kit a £300

300 X 600 X 100

Autobahn88 kit £295

300 X 600 X 90

2fast2cool kit at £225

298 X 600 X 76

Thay all promise that it is ass goos ass HKS :p

"1050cfm @ 0.5 psi Drop"

"Capable of Handling Up To 600BHP"

"cores autobahn88 use are tube and fin, the exact same as HKS"

:search:

sup dude? people sometimes sell 2nd hand fmics on ebay and stuff. i rekon you should go for one of those, or look in the for sale section here. I think you should go for greddy as they are the best, just make sure its in good nick.

cheers.

Guest ImraanK

How about this

cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/JDM-FMIC-TURBO-INTERCOOLER-PIPING-FILL-KIT-JZA80-SUPRA_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ33742QQihZ006QQitemZ160220480094QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

Dont put shit on your car which is probably worse the the original Toyota SMIC. just my opinion,stop being a cheap skate!!;)

...and that's another good point, people are running single turbo's quite happily on SMIC's. Not 14 year old crumbling ones though admittedly. ;)

It's in a nice properly ducted high pressure area, and isn't blocking airflow to the rad. :)

If I ever see a Greddy core I'll put it on, I am a brand name freak & the only bit of "less than respectable" kit on my car is the XS Power FMIC. Am I changing it because it doesn't do the job? No.

the only true way to tell would be to datalog temps just after the intercooler on both kits fitted on the same car in the same day.

didn't realise they fitted a supra

Here are photos of one I supplied to a member recently. The kit includes everything needed for the install.

http://img214.imageshack.us/img214/4536/fmic1bs0.jpg http://img527.imageshack.us/img527/5448/image012gi1.jpg http://img181.imageshack.us/img181/8773/image013og5.jpg http://img369.imageshack.us/img369/2083/111111gk0.jpg

the only true way to tell would be to datalog temps just after the intercooler on both kits fitted on the same car in the same day.

Is that not a different question though Rich? That is which one is better, not which are adequate for application.

I know I bang on about the XS Power & yes they do make some crap, but my car runs tremendously with it on, intake temps are great (as logged here) and it cost me £150.

What ever IC you put on unless it properly ducted you are not making best use of it, this too has be proven to my satisfaction when Michel & myself did some testing (same day, same IC, one ducted one not, same front bumper).