The mkiv Supra Owners Club

My drag race!!!What happened......

randy

Guys, the SL55 did not turn up.......:D Thank God!!

Lots to tell you.....As I mentioned about another rich kid getting a Supra with major mods.... The guy got his car out on thursday night and flew by me and my friends who were out late eating ice cream...... I lost my appetite immediately when I heard the loud waste-gate I thought its all over for me. The guy had a HKS T51R turbo with Fuel -1000cc injectors, surge tank, F-con V pro, HKS triple clutch and long list of HKS parts.......... The bast**d did a burn out in front of me as he had a line lock....:(

I got no sleep Thursday & Friday thinking of how I will get fried in front of 15,000 people. Then came Saturday for practice sessions when to my shock he was running 14 sec timing. Fu*k this is not happening :innocent: They made me race him and I pulled one car length on him after mis-shifting. He was in shock!!!:eek: So was I.

Track was cemented not ideal for drag racing bad traction in 1st and fish tailing in 2nd.

Race day -- killed him by almost 3 car lengths clocked a time of 13sec his best was 14.5!!!!!!!:D I also beat a old Porsche turbo / lotus elise/S2000/3000GT/Porsche Boxter/Lexus GS300 turbo.. etc..

He was boasting to his friends how he is going to toast me with his so called 700 bhp........ Guess he would have if he knew what 700 hp felt like.. Cant understand what was wrong with his car as I could pull on him easy. He was running 1.4 bar boost?????

Anyway I Won 1ST place in 3000cc and above ---- 1ST place in Foreign open fastest time....:D Crowd was totally ecstatic and so was I.

:D

Thanks a lot guys!!!! Gaz International regulations on Drag racing states that in a particular class say 2000cc -- 3000cc they have to be N/A only if you have a turbo then it gets multiplied by 1.7 so 2997 *1.7 would become 5094cc:)

We have a stock R34 Skyline here but the guy who owns it is not into racing....... Man I am dreading racing with the Skylines.. My friend has a R32 GTS which he is working on to convert to RB26 with HKS turbos etc... should be ready in a couple of months.. There are 2 new R34 skylines getting imported from Japan with full mods soon. :(

We have a Championship Round next year FEB with big sponsorship...I am going single by then!!:)

what trap speeds were you both getting?

seems a few big power cars struggle with bad traction. and the 51r is an old laggy turbo, big power but laggy. if a big power car is getting 14.5 second 1/4 why go big power when you can do better on stock turbos?

if i spent all that money going single to run 14.5 think the car would burn car at strip.

randy did you get any drag radials?