The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Anyone used Conti Sport Contact 2s on track ?

Muffleman

Got Marham coming up and cant decide whether I want to get some sticky rubber or not. I have emailed camskill for a price on a set of R888s but I have Conti Sport Contact 2s on at the moment. Okay they're not semi-slicks or anything but they are fitted to the top porsches etc.

Anyone put the sport contact 2s properly through their paces ? I do find them a little hard and so traction can be an issue, but they will get properly up to temperature at Marham.

I had these on the rear at brands indy circuit.........mines only an NA and i suspect the fronts generally get hotter than the rears but they held up better than the Eagle F1 fronts......their straight groove pattern must help a bit here i'd imagine.

Both tyre types performed really well to a point, i think with road tyres they general hold up ok until a point where they overheat and become 'slippery'..........

It may limited you to 2-3 laps (not sure of the lap length) at a time IMO