The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Pictures of raised Manhole cover (LEGAL)??

TT-DEK

I posted earlier in the week about this said manhole cover, and damage it caused to my front bumper? Let me know your thoughts as whether you think its legal. I have just received a letter from Shells Insurance asking to prove whether they are liable??:blink:

Shell  Clayton Green  Bumper Damage 016.JPG

Shell  Clayton Green  Bumper Damage 020.JPG

Shell  Clayton Green  Bumper Damage 015.JPG

Photo-0103.jpg

sorry dude these are legal, my company use these type on certain jobs:(

that is rather high though tbh

Thanks.. However there is no sign to warn motorists of raised covers? Surely they know modern vehicles today are lower & straight from the showroom?:)

I posted earlier in the week about this said manhole cover, and damage it caused to my front bumper? Let me know your thoughts as whether you think its legal. I have just received a letter from Shells Insurance asking to prove whether they are liable??:blink:

These are obviously on a garage forecourt and are used for remediation wells etc, they are a bit high but that does make them easy to see, i don't know how you stand in law but they won't be covered by any road rules and regs imo.

I wrecked mine on a speed hump in the road and never got anywhere with the council who put the bl**dy thing there so good luck with shell, hope you do better than i did.

These are obviously on a garage forecourt and are used for remediation wells etc, they are a bit high but that does make them easy to see, i don't know how you stand in law but they won't be covered by any road rules and regs imo.

I wrecked mine on a speed hump in the road and never got anywhere with the council who put the bl**dy thing there so good luck with shell, hope you do better than i did.

Cheers buddy!!!:)

i believe they can only be 100mm high roughly 4 inches on the [road ramps].There must be a standard hight otherwise they could make them as high as they liked.It may be

worth contacting the local councils road section to find out the standard height.If the

garage is higher it may help your case.

TT they are asking you to prove that they are negligent, not that the man holes are legal or not. They can still be legal manholes but the actions of the company can be negligent.

To be negligent there must be;

1. a duty of care

2. a breach of said duty

3. Damage

4. causation between the breach of duty and the damage.

For example, you could argue that there is a duty of care that people entering the site would not have their property damaged and that any dangers should be signed. The breach is that the man holes are raised to a point that damage is likely to ensue and that there were no warning signs and as a result of the raised man holes on entering the property the bottom of your car scrapped the manholes doing £x damage.

TBH mate, making statements of claim is best left to the professionals... Try get a free hour consultation with a solicitor and see what they say.