The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Split rim alloy wheels refurb.

Mariusz

I bought my supra and it is great apart from the wheels!

Its got some real nice 18" split rims that i would love to keep.They are pretty worn!

I took the car to romax in teesside (north east) and he would not touch them.

Can someone help me out please.

I have a set of split rims which when I first bought my car I wanted refurbed as they are/were expensive Rays Eng. wheels. unfortunately the cost of refurbing is very high and there is no guarantee that at the end the wheels will be usable due to balance etc... In the end I opted to buy new wheels (Not as much as you think when your potentially looking at £200 a wheel for refurb!!)

Have you tried contacting Envy as they use to do this?

Mine are chrome plated and although not as bad as yours they are a real let down. Basically I know how you feel, great car, crap wheels. But as Jevansio said they are a nice set of wheels and maybe a cleanup and repaint would do the trick!?

I have to confess I have bought a set of Ultralite wheels, by no means the best but a vast improvement over the Sebring wheels I currently have!! I just have not got round to fitting them yet...doh!!