The mkiv Supra Owners Club

top speed!!

danny_silva

hi guys, can some one please tell me what the top speed is in a tt?? i did search but didnt get what i wanted to know?!!

i know my n/a will go up to 160mph, didnt matter how long the road was, it wont pass, so im guessing that it was it for the poor n/a!!

Didnt get a change to try my new engine!! so just asking?!!:p

Is my tt engine limited? to how much? and how can i take limiter out??

Thanks

Danny

170mph is the absolute maximum you can reach on a stock 6spd supra.

192mph is the maximum on a BPU 6spd at 1.25 bar

The auto, while having a theoretical higher top speed cannot match these speeds

Mine did *cough* BPU with mines ECU

anyone has try a top speed run with a 5 speed gear box on a tt engine???

The problem there is you are asking a question that only 2-3 people could possibly answer, none of which are likely to be online right now, have even attempted a top speed run with a decent GPS system, or perhaps even belong to this club.

If you're using the NA stock non-LSD diff, the 5spd box it's going to be *far* lower than the TT. The ratios are all wrong for high speed.

If you had stock wheels and the non-LSD diff I believe the max at the TT rev limit is 164mph, however you would need the power to pull to the limit, which I seriously doubt a stock TT can do (even with the 6spd, my stock TT was a very long way off the limit). If you get more than 155mph on a gps I'd be amazed.